GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Idea's for my wagon??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chico

Idea's for my wagon?? Empty
PostSubject: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 am

I need some opinions for my 92 Caprice wagon

1) Front bumper idea's

2) Grill

3) Rear bumper? Roll pan?

I'm currently working on wooden car mats for the interior. Will post pics when they are done.

Thanks in advance!!

What interior will pretty much bolt in this car easily?Idea's for my wagon?? ?ui=2&ik=66d7b1d67c&view=att&th=13f8d5f4025406c7&attid=0
Back to top Go down
Chico

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Also..does anyone know where the best place to buy parts(aftermarket) for these?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm not a fan of the rear roll pans. To get them on, you have to compress your bumper shocks, so if you get hit from the rear, you can kiss your quarter panels goodbye.

As someone who just had a quarter panel repaired on my car... trust me: you don't want that.

Back to top Go down
Chico

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 pm

No..I do understand..Thank you Does someone make a smoother looking rear bumper?

Idea's for my wagon?? 426317_247154468700727_551784538_nIdea's for my wagon?? 166910_247154835367357_1796981311_nIdea's for my wagon?? 425514_247155372033970_467041193_n
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Ditto what Sting said. I want all the protection I can get. The roll pans are nice looking, but I don't think the original bumpers are horrible.

To my knowledge no one makes a smoothy skin for a wagon rear. I do think the Olds cover is a little nicer looking than the buick/Chevy as it has only horizontal lines and not little boxes. But then you need the Olds tail lights (longer plastic surround). You could always use body filler or fiber glass to smooth out a stock one (I have thought about this).
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 6:46 am

I've had a rollpan installed before and have another waiting in storage to put on my current wagon.

If you already lowered your wagon (or if you are going to) The rear bumper does not do you much good anyhow. Your tailgate is basically your bumper.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:26 am

brokecello wrote:
I've had a rollpan installed before and have another waiting in storage to put on my current wagon.

If you already lowered your wagon (or if you are going to) The rear bumper does not do you much good anyhow.  Your tailgate is basically your bumper.

Chris

Dibs on your old bumper cover!! Shocked 
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:56 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
brokecello wrote:

If you already lowered your wagon (or if you are going to) The rear bumper does not do you much good anyhow.  Your tailgate is basically your bumper.

Chris

Dibs on your old bumper cover!!  Shocked 

Haaha!  Sorry!  I'll tuck it and the support away with the stock RMW front bumper.   A good wagon bumper cover is hard to come by!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
seanu

seanu

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Sprocket, don't forget that the OCC bumper skin is wider than the other two also, because it extends out to the edge of the lower cladding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for my wagon??   Idea's for my wagon?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea's for my wagon??
Page 1 of 1