GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Finland !

Go down 
+6
bigbluey88
phantom 309
lakeffect
BigBlackBeaSSt
silverfox103
tseiaar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tseiaar

Hello from Finland ! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:01 am

Hello to you all longroofriders Very Happy . My name is Jari, and i´m from Finland, a small town called Pieksämäki. I found this forum about two months ago, an now i think it´s time for me to sign in.
First, i´m sorry that my english is not that great, but i hope you guys understand what i´m trying to tell you.
I have a ´92 Caprice wagon, 305 + 4L60, 8 seats. It´s old funeral car, i bought it last fall from it´s original owner, so i´m second owner of the car. It was driven 204 000 kilometres ( 126,759 ml). It´was all original, naturally Laughing . When i get that car home, and take my kids to the ride, it was first time when someone was sitting on the backseat Very Happy .
I drive it last winter like that, it worked well. This spring, i started thinking that car looked little boring, or something... So I ordered Impala grill at RockAuto, some clear sidemarkers, Police hubcaps and "Police Interceptor" emblems from eBay. After i installed those, i buildt double exhaust it too, now it sound nice Twisted Evil , but it doesn´t go any faster Laughing . All the changes i have made, can be uninstall easy, and make the car original again.
Caprice is my daily driver, but in summer i also drive my Mercury Monterey 2d Ht ´62. It has FE 390 + C6 + 9". Last winter we rebuildt new engine, and make it little "hi-po" style, and now after couple months driving, the gearbox starts to break up. So, maybe next winter we rebuild that Smile .

However, this is not my first "beached whale" wagon. I have one before this, couple years ago i own ´91 wagon with same technical specs.

( I try to add some external links to my car pictures, but new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days)

Last edited by tseiaar on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:14 am

Welcome Jari

Glad you found us, we are always willing to help and learn. Your English is great. We have quite a few Europeans that belong and I'm pretty sure you are not the first member from Finland.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 am

Welcome to the wagon madness and dont worry about your english,you,re doing just fine.We are all happy that you found us and decided to join our group!
Take Care Jari
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Welcome. send pictures!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Jari! Nice Ride.

We apologize for having to limit new members for a short time We were getting hit with spam from first time posters and people trying to sell us things on their first visit. So the policy has helped  keep away people without a true interest in our beloved wagons.

Hang out with us, make a few more comments, and all will be good soon . As soon as you can, put your self on our international map found in the "Members Only" section. Look at the post called "Longroof Locator"

Dave Buchholz, Moderator
Back to top Go down
tseiaar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks guys for taking me in. That´s okay that i can`t post my pictures to you, yet Very Happy! I´m also a moderator in Finlands biggest car forum, called Overdrive.fi. It´s forum where almost all finnish gearheads meet up and changes opinions and discus old american cars. So, wait one week and I send you some photos :-).
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:29 pm

tseiaar wrote:
Thanks guys for taking me in. That´s okay that i can`t post my pictures to you, yet Very Happy! I´m also a moderator in Finlands biggest car forum, called Overdrive.fi. It´s forum where almost all finnish gearheads meet up and changes opinions and discus old american cars. So, wait one week and I send you some photos :-).

I tried to read your forum,. figured i might be able to help some folks,. especially the older iron and older diesel etc,.

but,..

Quote :
Kosusenpertti  06/07/2013 19:13 (Re: 6.2 diesel vani -89, glow dumb)
Random visitor somewhere Registered: 19/12/2011 14:55, Posts: 158

Yeah ... it is a spirit, it is the spirit ..... It should hehkureleeseen the driver's side of the ignition coil terminal to come directly from the battery and the other goes to the filament wires, and lamp. Is not there, then in quite a few places to johtosulakkeita, but you should carefully locate in vain that they are out of the sling. And the water in one earth is the sensor that whistles across the game when the machine is warm enough, that is, not after the anneal, as a counter hypothermia.

But the finnish to english translater,..er,.  well,. it,s not good.

Back to top Go down
tseiaar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Very Happy , yep, the finnish language it´s not the easiest... And some Google translator makes it even more difficult to understand Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Welcome to the forum!!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:50 pm

"johtosulakkeita"

I got arrested for that once.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Welcome aboard. interesting thing about Finnish is that it is supposedly the closet language to Korean linguistically? makes no sense to me but I did read that somewhere.

welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
ghosstwagon

ghosstwagon

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Welcome aboard Jari. I'm new here myself but have a long time friend that's a part of Halton Industries both in Finland and here in the US. In fact I visited both Helsinki & Kusala a few years back and saw some GREAT old American cars while visiting there.
Back to top Go down
tseiaar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:51 am

OK, let´s try it now. So here is some pics for my rides, first my wagon...

Hello from Finland ! IMG_08351_zpsa0097e56

Hello from Finland ! IMG_08311_zps0c7e9134

Hello from Finland ! IMG_08371_zpsa5c4c007

And my old wagon...

Hello from Finland ! IMG_5593

and couple more pics for my older "boxwagons"...
Chevy...

Hello from Finland ! 27082010544

Hello from Finland ! 27082010545

and Buick...

Hello from Finland ! 02052008563

Hello from Finland ! 02052008562

And then my Old Lady, Mercury...

Hello from Finland ! IMG_07311_zps6ef1a93c

Hello from Finland ! IMG_05221_zpsf118d364

Hello from Finland ! IMG_07351_zps0e9c087b

Hello from Finland ! 280420121336
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:51 am

Very Nice Collection of vintage American vehicles!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 am

Hi Jari

You have / had a very nice collection that would make most of us very envious. That is a beautiful 61 Merc. Do you still have all of those cars?

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:07 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
tseiaar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:35 am

Thanks fellows.
Unfortenately most of these cars a gone now, something have to go that some can come, or how do they say that Smile .
Nowadays i have this black ´92 Caprice, ´62 Mercury and my wifes ´04 Grand Voyager (Town&Country in U.S.).

I also use to have...

´87 Caprice sedan
Hello from Finland ! 18062008587
Hello from Finland ! 18062008589

´73 Dodge Dart
Hello from Finland ! 09092010551
Hello from Finland ! 09092010550

´66 Galaxie. Damn, that car was fast...
Hello from Finland ! 24042011168
Hello from Finland ! 13042011008

Some of those were at the same time...
Hello from Finland ! Picture009

´72 Beetle
Hello from Finland ! IMG_6996
Hello from Finland ! IMG_7002

´53 Zwitter Beetle. That was fast, too...
Hello from Finland ! 071020111009
Hello from Finland ! 071020111011

And beside those, my loved ones, i have had probably about 15 cars as my dailydrivers.
I love cars, some more and some less. My wife often says to me that i´m sick for these things, and maybe she´s right Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 am

Holy crud.....now I know where all the great American classics are going....Finland!
Back to top Go down
tseiaar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:18 pm

^Very Happy thanks mate, and when we are talking about that...
Next weekend we have here in Pieksämäki big annual carmeeting, called Big Wheels.
Last year we have 900 cars and 10000 people there.
This event is Finlands second biggest car event, right after Forssa Pick-nick.

Go and take a look -> http://www.bigwheels.info/ and http://pick-nick.com/ .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Jari,thats a very impressive collection of american iron both past and present.Was the 53 beetle a turbo set-up,they are worth a fortune in the states in that condition.
Welcome again to the gang!
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, Jari!

Great collection of American cars you've had...

You obviously have the station wagon disease, like all of us!
Back to top Go down
tseiaar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks again. No, unfortenately there was no turbo in it. There was a 1,9 liter stroker engine in the trunk, loaded with lot of high performance parts. I don´t know how much that engine had horsepowers, but when doing full throttle, and switching gears 1 -> 2, it still burns tires Twisted Evil . I sell that Beetle about 1,5 years ago, when i realized that we wont fit in in that. I mean me, my wife and our three kids. Bad excuse, i know... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Wow what a collection of vehicles my favorite has gotta be the Buick wagon that combo of colors you do not see here not to mention how rare wow that looks incredible!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tseiaar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Yep, that ´81 Buick was one of a kind. That was my first american made car. I was it´s third owner, my friends uncle bought it back in ´89 in LA and bring it then in Finland. He drive it only in summer, and the condition was that good as you can expected. God i miss that car...Crying or Very sad 
I saw it couple years ago, it was painted flatblack with Viper-stripes and so on...
It´s funny thing, you said that it´s rare out there (or did i understand something wrong...?), and here in cold north we think that you were driving only cars like that Laughing .
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah the Buick estate wagon was popular in blue and white but the color you have is beautiful sooo rare sooo true tho in the north east I was brought up on caprice wagons and roadmasters love them bom I wish there were more wagons around their becoming less common I don't care I love my 88 custom cruiser and 86 caprice estate nice to see some real American muscle in Finland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Finland !   Hello from Finland ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Finland !
Page 1 of 1