GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!

Go down 
+14
Sprocket
phantom 309
Krash Kadillak
jasonlachapelle
buickestate
Wagoninabox
toomanytoyz
GSBULLDOG
lakeffect
95BRMW
sherlock9c1
brokecello
BigBlackBeaSSt
81X11
18 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 am

My friend Rich asked me if I wanted my Roadmaster wagon back!! As usual, he’s enjoyed it a lot in the time he's owned it, but wants some new toys, and he said the only place that wagons belongs is with me.

He also said he had to sell it back to me so he'd stop feeling guilty every time he got online and I'd posted on Facebook about how much I miss my old car (which has been a lot). Hahaha!

He said the blower motor is not working and it's time for tires, but he's taking care of both those issues before I get it back. Wow!

I’m SOO excited, and so glad he reached out before I dove into another project!

We’ve not worked out the details yet, and I know he will not be giving it away, but I’m thrilled! My baby is coming HOME!

-Mike

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! 394075_4396540204164_1257338621_n
[img]

THANK YOU RICH!!!
GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! 47470_4396540564173_2054162045_n
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:23 am

WOOT!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:30 am

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!
cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 am

See? Aren't you glad you didn't buy the POS with the janky transmission now?

Excellent news.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 am

Stingroo wrote:
See? Aren't you glad you didn't buy the POS with the janky transmission now?

Excellent news.
Yes I really am.    He's babied it..it's lived in a heated and air-conditioned shop next to his '77 Can Am and his motorcycles and such.

He's going to check the miles....but I think it has around 130K on it now, I sold it at about 113K, so he has driven it.   I think it's been sitting up a bit since the blower motor died a little while back.    He told me about that in the spring, and he still has not fixed it, and you can not drive here without a/c, period.

Since selling it, he's driven it to the Mecum auctions down in Florida and had made numberous trips to Dallas and East Texas in it...  As we all know these are such great road cars.   The tires were fairly new when I sold it, but are worn now.   Glad he said he'll replace them before selling it.

She still has the original trans (would love to do a 6-spd swap after driving Tim's car!!), original opti, and stock a/c compressor (!), and the leather on the front seats was getting dry last time I saw the car, so I may have some projects coming up when I get it back, but even a little older and a little more used, that car is still totally rust-free, has been babied (he's swapped to synthetic oil..do I have to keep using that?), and I had it set up just the way I wanted it...and he has not changed a thing cosmetically.

I'm excited!   Really sad to be this happy over a 17-year-old station wagon, but that's me.   Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:56 am

AWESOME NEWS,HAPPY FOR YOU BROTHER!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Glad it worked out for you. Leatherique those seats and they'll last forever.

Time to hit junkyards for OEM blower motors!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Glad it worked out for you.  Leatherique those seats and they'll last forever.  

Time to hit junkyards for OEM blower motors!
He's fixing the blower issue before I get it back...thankfully!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Glad your getting your favorite wagon back, good thing you didn't buy that mess of a wagon!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Crap! I just lost the  bet on when he'd get a new one.   I took the Vegas "over"

Well, technically, it's the old one.
Well, technically they are ALL old ones. Does that count?

Did you take possession yet? Can you hold off till  on or after  Sept 1?

(I may have bet the ranch, but not the sheep.)
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Thats so cool ! Nice to have friends who look out for you . It's real nice to see something good for a change . Let us know when she will be coming home .
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 pm

AWRIGHT MAN! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Sweet. Happy for you.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:22 pm

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, its meant to be.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:36 pm

find some northern low mileage seats for it.
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:09 am

Maybe you and Rich should just combine your vehicle collections, and just move a few of them back and forth once in a while...lol! ........
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 am

Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 8:02 phantom 309 wrote:
Bewbs is on the money,.

Me personally.,. I,d move on,.

If i were the seller and you called me,. i,d know you want the car, and i,d negotiate from a position of strength.

After you buy your next wagon and you're all excited,. this one will come back to you, and you won't want it,.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 am

Thank you Nick. Always full of sunshine. Smile 
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:03 am

Not so much ,...

Just pointing out, that sitting at the keyboard and focusing too intently on something isn't always a good idea,.
I,ve focused on a few things over the years that i THOUGHT i needed,. turns out i didn't,..

Sorry if you took it as a slur,. it wasn't intended that way,.

Have a nice day,.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Not so much ,...

Just pointing out, that sitting at the keyboard and focusing too intently on something isn't always a good idea,.
I,ve focused on a few things over the years that i THOUGHT i needed,. turns out i didn't,..

Have a nice day,.
Just messing with you Nick. Never a dull moment!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Glad it all worked out......except for the part where I didn't get the OCC, lol (no that I needed another one)
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

81X11 wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
Not so much ,...

Have a nice day,.
Just messing with you Nick.  Never a dull moment!

-Mike
You got enough WIN going on right now that you don't need to apologize for anything, congrats!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:40 am

I've really missed this car....

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! RoadmasterGS005

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! RoadmasterGS004

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! RoadmasterGS002
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 pm

81X11 wrote:
I've really missed this car....

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! RoadmasterGS005
Your such a kidder!!Smile 
we never knew,.Shocked 
you been so quiet about it,..study 
what a surprise!!What a Face 
Good for you!!cheers 

Nick
Mr Orange sunshine.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Orange Sunshine. That's a good name for you Nick.

Are you going to let that car sit outside this winter?? At least you will be able to find it in the snow...heck that color may melt the snow! Ha!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:25 pm

81X11 wrote:
Orange Sunshine.   That's a good name for you Nick.  
  Ha!
Big juicy oranges make my mouth water,..GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! 8ba68892a68470f691aa7964aa08067c
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Ahahaha....just opened this here at work as a female manage walked by...

Why yes I AM working....yikes!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Nick, don't you know you're not suppose to post pictures like that? The weird background design can cause seizures, particularly in old men like you and I! Razz
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:13 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Nick, don't you know you're not suppose to post pictures like that? The weird background design can cause seizures, particularly in old men like you and I! Razz
Speak for yourself,..
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 pm

First of all - Congrats to you, Mike.

Second of all - I find it beyond lunacy that you consider yourself to be someone who came within 100 miles of WAITING for anything. Dude, you even tried to haul home a bootleg POS knockoff version of this same car, not only last month - but as recently as LAST WEEK - and were begging us to cheer you on while you were about to VOLUNTEER to overpay for it by almost 100%.

This isn't a case of patience being a virtue. This is a case of you falling into a huge pile of crap (janky tranny car) and ending up smelling like a rose (figuratively, of course.)

Nick, please stop posting pics of such small breasted women..... that aren't redheads.

Congrats again - and I'll be happier yet for you once you actually get it home and it's YOURS!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 am

Mike,
I think you should pass on this one. Too many miles and the fan does not work.
Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:12 am

LOL Dick.

Laugh of the day.

And that messed up center console.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 am

It's so nice to feel the love from everyone on here. Hahaha!

That '95 that I almost bought last month is still sitting there. It has some nicer interior trim than my '96. Maybe he'll sell it to me as a parts car! Ha!
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm

So is it home yet ? All the build up and no update .
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Not yet. With back-to-school for four of our five kids, and other stuff, I've not been able to move on this yet.

It'll happen, just a lot of irons in the fire.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Guess we will have to do just like the title says . Wait ! lol just wanted to hear some good news today .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!   GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!
Page 1 of 1