GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off topic electrical draw question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Off topic electrical draw question Empty
PostSubject: Off topic electrical draw question   Off topic electrical draw question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:14 pm

My wife's 99 Lexus SUV is daily sucking the new battery dry. We hooked up a multi-meter last night between the neg post and the wire and found that with the key off there was a .8 amp draw on the battery.

We also found that removing the fuse for the dome light, reduced it to .2 amps. Unfortunately the same fuse took out the display for the radio (LCD) and the on board computer stuff (mpg calculator etc.)

does that sound like a crazy amount of draw on it? I'm wondering if the .2 is another issue (can't seem to get rid of that one).

thoughts? Smart comments?
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Off topic electrical draw question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off topic electrical draw question   Off topic electrical draw question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 pm

If I remember correctly .2 amps are ok, maybe a bit on the high side of ok though.
Back to top Go down

Off topic electrical draw question
Page 1 of 1