GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Security system trippin out!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Security system trippin out! Empty
PostSubject: Security system trippin out!   Security system trippin out! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:47 am

This never happened to me before. My low mileage (64k) '95 Caprice wagon. On the way to work this morn, the doors locked on their own. Huh. I unlocked them to see what would happen. Stayed unlocked for the duration of my commute. Get to work, shut it down and all hell breaks loose. Horn blaring, lights flashing, early in the morn.....you get the idea. I put the key back in and turn it.....nothing. Get out, lock and unlock the door with the key (this is what I did when the wife's Blazer's sec system went off) nothing. This car did at one point have some jive keyless entry installed that I disabled about two yrs ago. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Security system trippin out!   Security system trippin out! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am

Does your car have keyless entry? I know on the '96 Roady hitting the lock button on the fob twice activated the factory alarm, and hitting the unlock shut it off.

Also, if you activated the alarm with the fob, and then reached through an open window and pressed the unlock button on the door panel, and then opened the door, the alarm will go off. I used to do this to the kids to freak them out. Get out of the car and hit the fob lock twice, and then Eddie would unlock the door and open it, and freak out when the horn began to blare. Haha! I'm a bad father.

It sounds like you alarm activated while you were driving, which is why the doors locked, and if you manually unlocked the doors, not using the key fob, but using the button on the door panel, that will set the alarm off.

That help?

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Security system trippin out!   Security system trippin out! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Fixed! I found an aftermarket module of some type under the dash and unhooked everything I could off of it. It runs and drives but there's all kinds of wires hanging loose. I'll clean that junk up this wkend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Security system trippin out!   Security system trippin out! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Security system trippin out!
Page 1 of 1