GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ponchopio

Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Empty
PostSubject: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:58 pm

This question has likely been beaten to death but it's my first day here. I have purchased a set of 5x5 Buick rally wheels/sport wheels that were mounted on a rim with 1/2 20 studs and the 91 Roady has 7/16 studs, right? Is this an issue? Anyone out there make this swap and have any issues? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Should bolt right up. The roady has 12mmx1.5 studs. I have 1/2"-20 ARP studs on my wagon and all the wheels that fit the stock studs fit fine on these, too. You'll be good.

Oh, we need pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
ponchopio

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Cool. I'm going for it Bill! She just looks completely stock right now, white with woodgrain and tan leather interior, but I have lots of subtle plans. I've wanted one for YEARS and a few months ago one finally worked out for me. My wife just didn't see why I was so goofy for these things until it was in our driveway and now she loves it. A member of the station wagon forums sent me a link to this site and I am completely stoked to see all the ideas and mods and tech that you guys have to share. I'm all-in baby!

John
Back to top Go down
ponchopio

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Also wanted to thank Jim Gordon for the PM. I'm brand new here so I'm unable to send you a PM back at this point, but many thanks for your input Flasheroo.
Back to top Go down
Studebricker

Studebricker

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Where did you find these Buick rally rims by the way, and for how much? Thanks...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Buick Road Wheels. Those look fantastic on these cars.
Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon HPIM0536

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 pm

It was my pleasure John and welcome to the gang.You are lucky that your wife has fallen for your wagon,seems like a rarity around here sometimes.
Back to top Go down
ponchopio

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:31 am

Thanks guys! A neighbor is restoring a 63 or 64 Riviera and has a few parts cars. He had a fair set that was crusty in the back so I picked them up for $20. That didn't seem fair so I gave him $80. They have the correct bolt pattern but don't know if they'll clear calipers. I picked up a sandblaster and will blast the backs and paint them after test-fitting them hopefully this weekend. Also bought a cool old luggage shell covered in vintage stickers of maybe 20 states. Picked that up for $20 also. Will try to get some pics this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Studebricker

Studebricker

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Ever take any photos of it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon   Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mounting old Buick rally wheels/sport wheels to Roadmaster wagon
Page 1 of 1