GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For how long do you guys own your wagon?

Go down 
+18
scoffman
Roadagon
toomanytoyz
Joe B.
s1l1sc
68scott385
buickwagon
95BRMW
bigbluey88
lakeffect
zach.skinner510
BigBlackBeaSSt
bamalongroof
Sprocket
phantom 309
Olds Weighty Eight
silverfox103
Zorrodeporro
22 posters
AuthorMessage
Zorrodeporro

Zorrodeporro

For how long do you guys own your wagon? Empty
PostSubject: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:14 pm

I've got mine for almost 13 years now. I was wondering if anyone can beat that? Very Happy 

For how long do you guys own your wagon? Capital3_zps37df94c8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Had my 91 OCC for almost 10 years.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 pm

My first RMW I had for 13 years it was the family car, probably the best car I have ever had. It was in good shape when I sold it. The RMW that I have now, I have had for 7 years. The Caprice wagon I have had for 3 years.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:03 pm

12 years with the OCC as of last month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Still have the first B-body wagon ,.1995 caprice, it,s been modded somewhat over the years. 12 years now,.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Well I still have my second wagon.  Have had it for 90K (now 222K miles) and 6 years 3 months.....but it's for sale lol

Shortly after purchase:
For how long do you guys own your wagon? 101_2085

My daily driver is my 10th wagon (I'm up to number 12 now) which I have had for a year and half and it now has 256K miles (bought it with 228K from forum member).
For how long do you guys own your wagon? IMG_0012-1_zps85b1e2ff

Number 11 was the shortest I officially owned at a week (sold it to a forum member for the 350, it was in bad shape) and  number 12 I owned for about the drive home

(my son wanted upgrade from his first wagon (my number 3 car) which has been in the family for almost 6 years as well (103K, now 150K). Not sure what's happening with that one yet, probably sell as well, as parking is an issue around here. (currently 8 cars at the house and space for 6).

Number 3 at the top of her game (she's uglier now!)
For how long do you guys own your wagon? 100_2038
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Hey 3 months now but seeing as I never sell anything check back in 15 years.....Jeff
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:14 pm

My wagon I have had for about 6 years. Bought it with 89k and now has 270k+ She was just retired as a daily driver so the mileage shenanigans have slowed.

My Impala SS I bought in September of 1999 with 36k miles. Daily drove it for 2 years and now she has 82k on her. Not putting enough miles on her lately.
Back to top Go down
zach.skinner510

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Had mine roughly 10 weeks and counting, don't see her going anywhere any time soon.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:36 pm

First and only B-body wagon, 7 years
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:01 pm

My dad had a 93 roadmaster wagon for well over 13 years when I was a kid the memories that were made and the good times spent between ages 10-23 in the wagon stories are endless and numerousit was the car that made me to love wagons I'm so excited to have a 93 roadmaster now hope to keep it for the very least 13 years if not way more. My wifes caprice we've had about 5 months and we hope to have it forever.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:03 pm

6 years since I bought my 95 RMW, my first B-body.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 pm

David,your driveway picture is all the proof needed to prove you are addicted to b bodies!
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Had the 92 for 17 years.

I didn't really realize how long I had owned it until one day we ran into old friends miles from home. Their 18 yr old daughter recognized me by the car I had owned from her earliest memories.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
David,your driveway picture is all the proof needed to prove you are addicted to b bodies!
Only a little though Razz 
Back to top Go down
Zorrodeporro

Zorrodeporro

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:31 am

buickwagon wrote:
Had the 92 for 17 years.

I didn't really realize how long I had owned it until one day we ran into old friends miles from home. Their 18 yr old daughter recognized me by the car I had owned from her earliest memories.

Wow! The record; 17 years!
I drive my Caprice all year round.

In the winter:

For how long do you guys own your wagon? Stationcap71
For how long do you guys own your wagon? Fotowiel
For how long do you guys own your wagon? Foto-2
For how long do you guys own your wagon? Afbeelding021

On vacation. Here I was in Cannes, France.
For how long do you guys own your wagon? SP_A0055

Here we were on holiday in Sweden:
For how long do you guys own your wagon? 82b06880-c721-4d3c-ad31-efac4af48310_zps5b94fd85
For how long do you guys own your wagon? IMG_2787

And here high in the Alpes in Switserland on a 2500 mile trip to Italy:
For how long do you guys own your wagon? Capital_zps385ab88e

This little guy is now 13 years old.
For how long do you guys own your wagon? Voorforum

The best way to keep the wagons in good shape is to keep them running.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:39 am

Nice pics! wow, they grow fast don't they?
Back to top Go down
Zorrodeporro

Zorrodeporro

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks Sprocket, and they do. Way too fast.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Nice pics!  wow, they grow fast don't they?
I looked at all the pictures,. it still looks to be the same size,..??
Back to top Go down
68scott385

68scott385

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:51 am

Had my wagon only 2 years next week. But given my track record it'll be around awhile. Had my Monte Carlo 25 years and my truck for 13 years. The wagon has become a father/son project. He's learning more than I'm teaching somehow.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 1:24 am

Good laugh Phantom
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:50 am

68scott385 wrote:
The wagon has become a father/son project. He's learning more than I'm teaching somehow.
It's amazing how that happens, eh? And fun to watch, too.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:53 pm

2-3 years on mine.
Back to top Go down
Joe B.

Joe B.

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:52 pm

I bought my '91 in '98 with 45k mi.  It now has 110,000, is driven everywhere except to work.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Cool stories and great pics!

Believe it or not, I've had the Marshmallow 5 and a half years! Wow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 am

I bought my 96 Buick Roadmaster wagon approx. 5 years ago. It has taken my wife,my 4 cats
and me up to our house in Maine (635 miles each way) 4 times without any problems,well one time
we broke a tail pipe hanger while in transit,but I temporarly fixed it with some coat hanger wire
and then replaced it once we got there. I will try to send a picture of it once I get photobucket straightened out,in the meantime the wagon is dark green with woodgrain delete. ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Roadagon wrote:
I bought my 96 Buick Roadmaster wagon approx. 5 years ago. It has taken my wife,my 4 cats
and me up to our house in Maine (635 miles each way) 4 times without any problems,well one time
we broke a tail pipe hanger while in transit,but I temporarly fixed it with some coat hanger wire
and then replaced it once we got there. I will try to send a picture of it once I get photobucket straightened out,in the meantime the wagon is dark green with woodgrain delete. ed  
Sounds like a beautiful wagon,is that a factory color?
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:41 am

I've been with Ms. Roadie for the past three years now.

Should I feel bad because I keep eyeballing her younger sister (1995 RMW) that's for sale around town? Okay I haven't been just eyeballing her.Shocked  Sometimes I think about all her curves and what a sweet ride she can give. That sexy sound she makes when she's purring, just whispering those sweet nothings in your ear: "Are you comfortable baby? I can't wait for you to stomp on it and make be scream." All that power she has shaking that big-ole backside down the road  hhmmmm. mmmmmmh. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Shawn,I have a 95 RMW and she must be mad at me because she never talks to me that way.Either that or you are just plain weird!Very Happy Razz Laughing 
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:06 pm

My money's on "just plain weird" lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I AGREE!
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Roadagon wrote:
Sounds like a beautiful wagon,is that a factory color?
The paint code is 18U, I believe Buick calls it Dark green gray. ed
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 am

DGGM (Dark Green Gray Metallic) is the color, but the code is not 18U. the correct code is WA9795

The first part of the paint code is a refrence to an RPO code Like 18U or 18L. The U stands for upper color and L stands for Lower color. This is if you have a two tone paint job. The WA9795 is the refrence number to the color. It will be show Like L9795 or U9795.

HTH
Back to top Go down
nickyace

nickyace

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:01 pm

My 91 Roadmaster wagon I bought in 1997,local 1 owner car with 70 K on it then (Now 159K ) The Jade green 95 RMW I got from a friend of mine in 2000, by taking over the car payments . It had 90 K on it then,153 K now, My 96 white RMW limited was purchased out in the north fork of Long Island from some aging snowbirds who never used the car in the winter,in 2012,with 125K. It has about 126k on it now. The contest winner has to be my 92 Roadmaster limited sedan I bought new in July of 1991. One of one,Special Ordered from Ed Mertz himself. The car has two thousand five hundred miles on it !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:17 pm

nickyace wrote:
My 91 Roadmaster wagon I bought in 1997,local 1 owner car with 70 K on it then (Now 159K ) The Jade green 95 RMW I got from a friend of mine in 2000, by taking over the car payments . It had 90 K on it then,153 K now, My 96 white RMW limited was purchased out in the north fork of Long Island from some aging snowbirds who never used the car in the winter,in 2012,with 125K. It has about 126k on it now. The contest winner has to be my 92 Roadmaster limited sedan I bought new in July of 1991.  One of one,Special Ordered from Ed Mertz himself. The car has two thousand five hundred miles on it !

Would love to see some pics of all your wagons and especially the 2500 mile RMS.Must have a pretty big garage
for all those beautys.
Back to top Go down
84 box wagon

84 box wagon

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:26 am

I've been driving my 84 caprice wagon for 12 years she currently has 307,457 miles and still going strong and still wears her original paint. before that she was my moms/the family car and she drove it for 5 years but she also had a 93 roady wagon a 95 caprice along side the 84, now she currently drives a 93 roady wagon and dad has a 89 caprice wagon[307 olds motor sigh] with the fake wood along the side's.
This wagon was my second car after I was forced to get rid of my first car a 1975 caddy coupe deville that was given to me from mom on my 17th b-day.
I drove that caddy for 9 years and got the mileage up to 243,000 thousand dam i miss that car
Back to top Go down
piranah

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Had mine since November 2013. That might change. Don't know if I want to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For how long do you guys own your wagon?   For how long do you guys own your wagon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For how long do you guys own your wagon?
Page 1 of 1