GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY

Go down 
+10
BigBlackBeaSSt
mtrhead79
scoffman
brokecello
bigbluey88
jayoldschool
phantom 309
silverfox103
convert2diesel
lakeffect
14 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Empty
PostSubject: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm

For the record, the site for the 10th anniversary Wagonfest has been secured.
As in past years it will be at  the Seneca Lake State Park, just East of Geneva NY on Rts 5 &20

There will be preliminary events on Friday July 25, 2014

The date of the car show/ picnic is on Saturday July 26,2014

Mark your calendars

Feel free to use this particular thread to post ideas and comments.

And yes. there will be shirts. I am strongly considering taking Nick's long standing request  about a polo shirt seriously.  As Nick always says, "He's gonna do what he  damn well wants anyway"  It would be a pleasant change from a T-shirt, and could be worn anywhere proudly, even to church or the strip joint.

(Figured I'd cover both ends of the social spectrum, before someone else steals my joke or my sheep)

Dave

Last edited by lakeffect on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Any particular reason it was moved to August from the traditional last weekend in July? No objections from this end but just wondering?

Bill
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm guessing Dave had a senior moment. Pretty sure he meant July.

Tom
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:30 pm

august'd be better
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:18 am

Yep, me too.
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:26 am

I'm hoping Dave meant July it would be better for me looking forward to going again!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:02 am

Oh...Aug would be better! But I'm guessing Senior Moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:17 am

It's July. August 25 and 26 are a Monday and a Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 am

Yes , senior moment. I'd glad to see you are all awake. Thanks for catching it. I've edited the dates for correction in the first post.

The event has been by tradition, the last weekend of July. The tradition will remain.

(... and here I figured the shirts would get the most comments from you clowns and jokers. clown  jocolor )

Last edited by lakeffect on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:48 am

lakeffect wrote:

The tradition will remain.

Why?? because you say so? and you seem to have taken over all things related to wagonfest?

perhaps it might be appropriate to change the date if more people can attend?

But do what you want,. you've demonstrated many times in the past you're gonna anyway,.

and the multitudes will bow down and give thanks and accolades,.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Thank you. No need to bow down or kneel to the Prince of Whales. Just send money.

In answer to your concerns,  the reality is that there will never one single date that meets everyone's schedule or needs. The event has always been the last week in July and will faithfully remain so.

Have I taken over all things related to the 10th Anniversary Wagonfest 2014  ?

The simple answer is Yes.

You don't see anyone else stepping up the plate to coordinate it, including yourself Nick. This is the third Wagonfest  I've personally sponsored and funded up front. My monies have  reserved the site, and bought the food, trophies, and whatever else was need to make sure the event took place. They came from no one else, certainly not you. (There have been a few behind the scenes donations for which I am truly grateful)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but oddly, I don't recall seeing any Nick sponsored events in any of the past several years.    It's not a competition. If you can't make it, feel free to sponsor an event somewhere close to you somewhere else in the USA or Canada. so that others may have the opportunity to attend an event. I will note that you have indeed attended many  events around the country in support of the B-body community.

The tradition set by Fred (Ruphrax) is that Wagonfest will be the last weekend in July.  As stated the the tradition remains.There will be no debate on it. It's been announced since last summer and is no surprise to anyone. People can, and have been  planning accordingly.

Dave Buchholz

Last edited by lakeffect on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:32 pm

lakeffect wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but oddly, I don't recall seeing any Nick sponsored events in any of the past several years.    Buckholz

It,s a competitive market in which you already have the monopoly,.,.and the plate was never empty or available for anyone else to step up to,.the Holy trio were determined to run things,. then due to logisitics it was taken on by you,.so it,s never really been up for someone to co-ordinate or sponsor wagonfest,.other than you 4,.

I could sponsor the whole damn thing with video, tent, food, clown,face painting and whales if you like,.and some decent shirts that have a longer shelf life than 1 day and 1 wash in the laundry,.and add free admission,.

but it needs to take place in august,. but Ruphrax traditions can't be changed,.. so,..... c'est la vie.

Most things can be reserved and booked online these days,. by those that have a valid credit card,..the 'check' thing is a bit outdated,..but then again paypal is a new fangled idea to you, right?
So now after funding 3 wagonfests,.up front,without openly asking for any donations, you now consider it your inalienable right to call the shots,.

I,m sure your experience from the last 2 years will be a definite asset, and I wish you great success.

Anytime i,ve made a suggestion,. regarding anything about wagonfest ,its laughable the way it simply gets trampled on, so i,ve given up trying to contribute in anyway,. and that seems to be working just fine.

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:53 pm

A huge thanks Dave for doing all the work needed for these great wagonfest that I have read about and hope someday to attend.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:13 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
lakeffect wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but oddly, I don't recall seeing any Nick sponsored events in any of the past several years.     

I could sponsor the whole damn thing with video, tent, food, clown,face painting and whales if you like,.and some decent shirts that have a longer shelf life than 1 day and 1 wash in the laundry,.and add free admission.

Thanks for the kind offer. We'll all be looking forward to it. Since your schedule favors August, just pick a weekend.  Once you post a location and date,  I'm sure many of us will support the event.

Nick you have always been welcome over the years to feel free to step up to the plate to host an event. The opportunity has always been before you, (or to anyone else) but we all know that to date, you haven't done it. Yet, In the meantime, others have.

No one needs forum permission to host a Wagonfest related event. They certainly don't need mine. (but for what little it may be worth, they have my blessings, and best wishes) And frankly, the reverse is also true. We as a forum, and I as an individual don't need your permission.

Best regards, Dave Buchholz

PS.. several of last years shirts and entry fees were pad via Paypal, and park reservation fees would have been done by phone and credit card, but they prefer payment returned with  the signed form. Governmental choice... not mine.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:29 am

I don't think I will ever make it to a wagonfest in NY. To many variables for me to make it happen, at least for the present. However I wouldn't mind buying one of them Polo style shirts. I like the open collar and maybe an embroidered logo on the front idea. So. . .

If you're asking for opinions to help make the final decision on the Polo shirt vs. T-shirt issue:
My vote is for a polo style shirt.

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 pm

Thahks Scott. When time gets closer expect to see a poll taken on the type of shirt and color.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:21 pm

i just got enough points on my credit card and booked the weekend at the microtel. they still have alot of rooms left.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 pm

I already booked a hotel in the area in case the wife comes. If I am solo the camp site was WONDERFUL and very quiet. Might try out the new hammock.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 am

I'm in for this. One question, is the campground and this event dog friendly?
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:22 pm

not sure about camp ground but i have seen dogs at the park where the show is on sat.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Ok cool. I'll have to find out. Is there a website for the campground, do you need reservations?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 am

mtrhead79 wrote:
not sure about camp ground but i have seen dogs at the park where the show is on sat.

From the Cayuga Lake State Park wedsite.

http://nysparks.com/parks/123/details.aspx

Cayuga Lake State Park's terrain is flat at lakeshore, where the beach and sun lawns are, then slopes gently uphill to campsites and cabins. The scenic highlight of the park is its expansive view of Cayuga Lake. In the shallow water near the park, largemouth bass, bullheads and carp thrive. In deeper water, anglers can catch northern pike, small mouth bass, lake trout, landlocked salmon and many other varieties of fish. The park has a boat launch, playground, playing field.

The vacation rental at Cayuga Lake State Park is located off Lower Lake Road on Cayuga Lake and is shaded by mature trees. The park provides lake rights, across Lower Lake Road, on the lake. Spacious grounds with picnic tables and a campfire ring adorn the property and a lakefront dock is available for tenants. The vacation rental has a fully enclosed porch with a view of Cayuga Lake. Indoor amenities include a dining room and counter space that can seat eight for meals, full kitchen with a stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, refrigerator, dishwasher, washer & dryer, sink, flatware, plates, glasses, pots, pans, cooking utensils, one and a half baths, heat, hot water/shower, three bedrooms (two with double beds and one with two single beds), and a sleeper sofa (sleeps two) in the living room. Bedding linen and towels are not provided. For further information please contact the park.

Take the virtual tour!

Pets
Household pets only; caged or on a leash not more than 6 feet. Proof of rabies vaccination must be Veterinarian's certificate--the collar tag will not be accepted as proof. Pets are not allowed in bathing areas or vacation rental. For campers, if your site allows pets, there is a two-pet maximum.

- See more at: http://nysparks.com/parks/123/details.aspx#sthash.wOdXMSmJ.dpuf
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 am

Keep in mind that the description above is for Cayuga lake, the next lake to the East. The event is held on Seneca Lake. Some may not realize the distinction between where you are camping versus the event location.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:35 am

Ok, so that makes sense then, since I was not finding a campground listing for Seneca Lake.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 am

If you look for Sampson State Park, it may help as well. It IS on Seneca Lake, east shore about 12 mles south, It overlooks the lake from a sloping hillside.
Back to top Go down
yakko

yakko

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Hey Dave,
When are you gona start the list of who's going? bounce 
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:07 pm

When ever the 3 feet of snow that we have here melts...  Wagonfest is still five months away.
Look for something around the beginning of March for the beginning of an an "attendee" thread to show up.

Last edited by lakeffect on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:53 am

Microtel Inn is booked from Thursday to Sunday. Really excited for July.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
yakko

yakko

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Wow, There were only a few rooms when I did my reservation on the 17 of Feb. That week end is a busy one I think.
Dave I think that snow won't be melted until May! I sure am tired of it. lol! 
Back to top Go down
MrBuick

MrBuick

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Quite tempting. I will have to talk this over with the GF and see if I can talk her into going this year. I wasn't happy about missing last year. Very Happy Either way, I'm in for 2 shirts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:03 am

Hey Guys,
Im new here to this forum so i had a couple of questions. i really want to attend wagon fest but i have work friday and saturdays. i should be able to get off that saturday but i need to register for anything? im not worried about hotels, im young and can sleep in a car;). and is it alright that i show up for one day or is it an all or nothing kinda thing?
Thanks,
Dan
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:53 am

Dan, there is also a few campsites nearby, one that comes to mind is Sampson State Park south of the event

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/sampson-state-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NY&parkId=232

Here's a quick list of some OTHERS in the finger lakes area. not all of them are close by, so check a map first.

http://www.fingerlakes.org/places-to-stay/campgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY   10th  Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10th Anniversary Wagonfest, Geneva NY
Page 1 of 1