GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
big john and the TANK

big john and the TANK

THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY Empty
PostSubject: THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY   THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Unfortunately after pouring a lot of time and money into the Tank it still leaves me stranded. I can't drive it anywhere for fear of not making it. I am looking to get 1500.00 obo out of her (price of all new parts) or trade for a 7+ passenger vehicle. I am blessed to have sherlock9c1 looking into possible reasons it happens and has contacted someone in the Rochester area named Mike. I have done everything I can afford to diagnose and repair her but really need another vehicle. (we are down to one car and its tough doing that) I have posted the ad on craiglist in Syracuse. Thanks-315-663-6100.
BIG John
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY   THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:05 am

John, sorry it has come to this.  

As I mentioned on the phone, if you can narrow down to either ignition or fuel pressure, it'll be easier to diagnose, but I think you're about done with the car.

As you were working with the oil pressure sensor and observing that the car was cutting out when the oil pressure light came on, I suspect that there may be a fault with the fuel pump relay or the wiring associated with it.

Per the '95 Factory Service Manual, book 2, page 8A-20-7, the LT1 fuel pump is powered by the oil pressure sensor OR the fuel pump relay.  It only takes either one to run the pump.  Both paths get their feed from the fuel pump fuse.  If the fuel pump relay is off but it is still installed, you can power the fuel pump directly by applying 12v power to the fuel pump test connector, which connects to pin 87A of the relay. If the oil pressure light comes on and the engine shuts off soon after, I'd suspect the fuel pump relay portion of the circuit has a problem.

The next time the car stalls, with the ignition on, try running a 12V jumper wire to the fuel pump test connector and try to restart the car.  If the fuel pump is audible and the car restarts, then I'd suspect the fuel pump relay or the PCM signal to the fuel pump relay may be bad.  

Otherwise, it may be an ignition problem, and I think you had already checked the ground wires on the driver's side front cylinder head.  My ignition suspicion is the Ignition Control Module (ICM) which bolts to the coil bracket but you already replaced that.  

Have you tried a spare PCM?
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY   THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:15 am

I tend to agree with Joel for the above. Just had what I thought was a fuel pump issue, and Joel directed me to paralleling of the fuel pump power in the FSM.

I think you would benefit from checking out charts A5 then A7 (pp. 6E3-A-34 to 39). I can send you a pdf if you send me your email via PM. Does the forum allow us to post .pdfs or a photo of the FSM ?

What happens with the engine idling when you disconnect the fuel pump relay ?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY   THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:21 am

From past experiences on other forums, copy righted material should not be posted. Might slip around that with a picture of that material, rather than the original.
Don't know for sure on that one.
Back to top Go down
big john and the TANK

big john and the TANK

PostSubject: Re: THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY   THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks for all the help everyone. I am thinking of taking it to another mech with the premise of X amount of money and find the reason it keeps doing what its doing. Have a few close by that I am going to check out this week. I also think that once I do get it running I will still try to sell. Need to move on, it has become a sore subject around the house.
Will be in touch.
BIG John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY   THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE TANK is for sale on Craigslist-Syracuse, NY
Page 1 of 1