GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speedo correction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
71novaguy

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:58 am

Is there any know speedo issues with these cars? Mine is 4 mph off on the gauge but reads correctly when hooked up to my scan tool (on the scan tool display, not the gauge).
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:28 am

What car do you have? They may have some error because of production tolerances. If you have the reluctor style VSS, the computer can be programmed to correct for tire size, and gear ratio. As the tires wear, the accuracy will vary. If you have the geared style of VSS, the accuracy will depend on the correct gearing of the VSS in relation to the tires and gears. All speedos show an approximation of the actual speed at a given time. There are pulse width modifiers that hook up between the VSS output, and the speedo to correct for discrepancies. Once installed, the selection of switch positions will correct the readout on the speedo.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:41 am

71novaguy wrote:
Is there any know speedo issues with these cars? Mine is 4 mph off on the gauge

4mph at what speed?
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:20 am

It's a 96 rmw. It is off at all speeds. I believe the gauge is wrong because the scan tool shows mph slower, it cuts off at 112 not 108, and the signs that show you speed always say I'm going slower than what my car shows
Back to top Go down
foglght

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:06 pm

I have the exact same problem. Odometer is correct, verified on multiple trips + GPS and mile marker readings.

All the GPS signals on multiple devices show 4mph off at all speeds.

Looking for a solution like OP.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:29 pm

You would have to rotate the entire speedometer motor to achieve that change. Moving the pointer does not seem to change the readout.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:04 pm

PFM,....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedo correction
Page 1 of 1