GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

electric fans elec question??????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

electric fans elec question?????? Empty
PostSubject: electric fans elec question??????   electric fans elec question?????? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:23 pm

I have 93 RMW that I am installing twin elec fans to replace mech fan---HAVE ALL THE PARTS-question is---where is a good location/wire in the underhood elec system to connect the power/hot line too----have Painless wiring relay system that contains all necessary components to hook system up..........just need to hook up hot wire --on the passenger side/under hood would be good but I can run the hot wire anywhere with in reason..............thanks Tom W
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: electric fans elec question??????   electric fans elec question?????? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:29 pm

We should have looked this up while you were here. You could hook the relay energizing wire up to the brown/white wire to the generator fuse 6, 20A, the AIR control solenoid wire pink/black, or the electronic spark control module pink/black. The last two are on fuse 13, 10A.

The hot lead to the fans can be hooked up to the red junction box with a fused circuit. I used a fuse holder like the one on the rear of the relay mount that we straightened while you are here. If you need one, I have an extra. If you have heavier wire than the fuse holder, it is not a problem, because of the short length of the smaller wire. If the wiring harness is complete with a fused lead, disregard, and hook to the red junction box.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: electric fans elec question??????   electric fans elec question?????? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 4:39 pm

I gave it a little more thought, and you can probably hook both to the junction box, if you do not care if the fans run after the engine is shut off. The temp sensor controls the fans, and the OEM fans might run even after the engine is shut off, if the water temp is high enough. It is up to you if you want the fans to run even if the engine is off. There are two views to this: the temp is high, and the fans continue to cool the water, but you have the danger of the fans running at any time, The other possibility is that you do not care if the fans continue to cool the water after the engine is turned off, but you do not have to worry about the fans coming on unless the engine is on (key is in the on/acc/start position).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: electric fans elec question??????   electric fans elec question?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

electric fans elec question??????
Page 1 of 1