GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Body mount parts list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
foglght

Body mount parts list Empty
PostSubject: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 3:33 pm

I know there have been multiple discussions about this. However, I have not found a definitive list of parts that can be used for the battlewagons for body mount replacements. I got under the car the other day to fix a couple other things and noticed some squished mounts. I would like to plan out a time to get these all replaced. I'd prefer to replace with stock, but will pretty much take whatever I can get.

Has anyone actually done all of them?
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:02 pm

Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:59 pm

I replaced all my body mount on my wagon, uppers, lowers, and a bunch of the bolts as well. I used a few 9C1 bushing up front to help tighten things up. It was a bit more work, and money than I had planed, but the results were good. The black energy suspension kit for a Caprice/police/taxi may be the best way to go, as the factory stuff is no longer available.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:27 am

Do the sedan kits have the same amount of bushings as the wagon?
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:32 pm

I think the # is the same, but the part #'s are different on the 2 rear most mounts.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:27 pm

yes. I'd skip the poly and go for rubber. You can buy them on ebay for 249$ listed for a chevelle.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=324490
Back to top Go down
foglght

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Yeah, I'd like to stick with the rubber ones. Will look into the chevelle one?
Back to top Go down
foglght

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:25 pm

So I called up energy suspension.

Some random info from them:

Durometer of the poly bushings for the Impala - 70

65 is the lowest durometer they go with for poly types

45-55 is typical for the rubber ones

The black and the red apparently have no difference in durometer acccording to the tech support guy.

He suggested calling suspension.com and based on the 3.4145 kit from Energy they would be able to match up a custom set based on the sizes available in the 4145 kit. However, he did say the impala kit is missing the two rear most bushings and would need to be sourced separately.

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body mount parts list   Body mount parts list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Body mount parts list
Page 1 of 1