GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

timing set replacement issue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
benn

benn

timing set replacement issue  Empty
PostSubject: timing set replacement issue    timing set replacement issue  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:25 pm

the original timing chain on my '92 roadmaster is stretched. i decided to do a cheap upgrade and go with a double roller set and also decided to get a cheap stock lt1 cam to swap while im in there. problem is, the double roller timing chain set i ordered through summit doesnt line up with the bolt holes on my lt1 cam shaft. this is the timing set i bought [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i thought any gen. 1 timing set would work... any ideas?

heres the set that is supposedly a direct replacement for my car [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's what we're dealing with

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

timing set replacement issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: timing set replacement issue    timing set replacement issue  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

lol solved it. timing set i ordered was for factory flat tappet motors. didnt know they had a larger bolt spread for the cam
Back to top Go down

timing set replacement issue
Page 1 of 1