GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driver side kick panel wiring.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
piranah

Driver side kick panel wiring.  Empty
PostSubject: Driver side kick panel wiring.    Driver side kick panel wiring.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:06 pm

So the previous owner attempted to put an alarm system in my car, I think. They had pulled the radio fuse because there was a drain somewhere in the car. The car is a 95 caprice wagon with the lt1

I pulled the a pillar trim off and found a random red led laying there. Pull the kick panel trim, and there are wires just hanging there, not capped or anything.  Does anybody have a diagram of what the wires in the kick panel area are?  

I know people are gonna say get a FSM, but this issue is draining my battery, and need my car sooner than later.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Driver side kick panel wiring.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver side kick panel wiring.    Driver side kick panel wiring.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:15 pm

You need to get an inductive ammeter and start pulling fuses until you find the one that stops the drain. Once you find that, you have to trace the wires to see where there is a non-OEM wire attached to it. I could be on the ground side of the circuit as well. Since it drains your battery, it is probably an "always hot" wire. Each system that is always on, has a different color wire, but the most predominant color is orange, but some are red.
Back to top Go down

Driver side kick panel wiring.
Page 1 of 1