GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Empty
PostSubject: Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....    Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:49 pm

I told myself the Roady would not see rain and would not be used for towing when I got it back. Broke both those commitments this weekend....had to pick up my boat from the shop after Cars and Coffee.

Didn't want to drive back to Round Rock for the GMC. Hitch receiver was still in the storage box...and it towed just fine. Oh well....ha!

Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... 10608707_10204780031571317_4709711596527160569_o
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....    Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Nice. I only think the boat should be matched in paint and wood trim to the wagon! (hehe!)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....    Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Misty'd shoot me. Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....    Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Oh just to share, the boat was losing power at high RPMs, would get on plane and then lose power and drop off and nearly stall. I cleaned the fuel filter, carb bowls, checked compression, and finally gave up and sent it to the shop....

Any ideas??

Turns out the fuel line was collapsing. It was the original 25-year-old fuel line, and my boat guy said the ethanol in the gas is just eating these up. He's had a lot of boats in with this issue lately. Crappy gas!! He replaced the entire line from the tank up front to the outboard.

Never a dull moment!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....    Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 pm

We bought a 1968 Reinell 19' Outboard this spring, and the first thing I did was replace all the fuel lines. Unfortunately the second this I had to do was replace most of the wiring. Oh well, it runs great now. 100hp Evinride V4 2-stroke outboard. Whee!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
Skier

PostSubject: Re: Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....    Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:10 pm

81X11,

You towed this after changing over to dual electric fans, correct. How warm was it out, how much does your rig weigh and how warm did your engine get compared to when you had the mechanical fan?

I have a 19' Glastron SX-195 w/ Chev 305, rig is 3200-3400 lbs. loaded with gas ife preservers, etc. Towed two weekends ago here in Western PA 22 miles each way to a reservoir with 95 RMW. I bet I didn't get 10 mpg instead of 14.8 not towing in the hills here.

I bought a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 18" electric fan and shroud to install nex spring in the mechanical fan shroud. Lots of work but should provide more cooling than the factory primary fan. I also am considering seeing if the 9 blade fan from 2006 and newer Chevy pick-ups will work with the primary fan motor or the secondary fan motor.

I put a Flex-a-lite 295 dual fan in both my old 2000 Dodge Dak and have had one in and out of my 2006 Trailblazer Ext with 5.3 liter V8. Work better than the Mechanical fans towing my 4,700 lb. Travel trailer, even in 90+ F heat.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....    Broke both wagon commitments this weekend.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broke both wagon commitments this weekend....
Page 1 of 1