GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pick and Pull help needed

Go down 
+2
mtrhead79
phantom 309
6 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

Pick and Pull help needed Empty
PostSubject: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:03 am

The wheels on the wifes fancy f**d, are corroded so bad on the beads and the backside they won't hold air anymore,
I,ve tried painting them etc,. but they are becoming hazhardous
Ebay rims are not in my budget for this car,.

I was hoping that maybe when you go to a pick and pull, if you see some rims you could pass on where they are,.

Thanks for looking,...

Pick and Pull help needed DSC00437
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:15 am

will keep a eye out for those. are they rear wheel drive
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:27 am

Nick

I know your wife has a f**d product, but more info needed, what year? obviously Lincoln, correct?

Tom
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 pm

I know this is probably superfluous, but have you taken a good wire wheel to the beads, then remounted the tires with a coating of sealer on the beads? Has worked for me on flaky chromes in the past.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:02 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Nick

I know your wife has a f**d product, but more info needed, what year? obviously Lincoln, correct?

Tom

sorry,. it a 1998-2002 fancy f**d cartier,.

Jay the rims are way beyond wire brushing,. they have been painted and rubber dipped etc,. they really are pooched,.i have been fixing them for the last 4 yrs or so,.and the missus is tired of airing them up every 2 days,.
so i bought a thrashed out set of brushed aluminum executive towncar rims with some new tires, but they look awful,

Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:44 am

Good grief! What is lurking in all the puddles up there? Your wagon wheels won't hold the chrome either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 am

All the late Mustang and Crown Vic wheels fit on that, too.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:41 pm

I'll keep an eye out for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick and Pull help needed   Pick and Pull help needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick and Pull help needed
Page 1 of 1