GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today

Go down 
+10
brokecello
1993 Roady-man
mtrhead79
Olds Weighty Eight
GSBULLDOG
lakeffect
Wagoninabox
phantom 309
200OZ
81X11
14 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Empty
PostSubject: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 am

Needed some tan cloth for the seats in Dad's Camaro, which are at the upholstery shop now, so decided to make a San Antonio run today. I flat love that yard. We found the cloth, thankfully, and I did a quick run-through with the camera, since I know a lot of you guys like seeing all the B-Bodies and big cars they have down there.

Now before the guilt trips start about not grabbing parts (especially the $25-each turbine wheels on the one wagon), please understand that in the parking lot the temp gauge in the truck said 104-degrees...on the white rock in the yard it was at least 110-degrees today. STUPID HOT!!! I did not want to pull a John Candy and keel over with heart failure in the yard, so after grabbing the cloth we needed I just snapped a lot of pics and then ran back to the air conditioning and cold diet Coke waiting in the truck! It was HOT there yall..... Ha!

Anyway, enjoy the pics! This is Pick-N-Pull San Antonio on Applewhite Road.

Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug162
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug160
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug158
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug156
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug154
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug152
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug148
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug145
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug144
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug142
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug140
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug138
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug136
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug133
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug132
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug130
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug128
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug126
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug123
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug119
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug117
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug116
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug114
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug112
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug110
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug108
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug103
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug102
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug100
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug098
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug095
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug093
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug092
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug090
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug088
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug086
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug084
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug082
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug080
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug077
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug076
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug074
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug072
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug070
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug068
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug065
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug062
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug060
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug058
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug056
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug054
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug051
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug050
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug048
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug046
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug044
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug042
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug040
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug038
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug036
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug034
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug032
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug030
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug028
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug026
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug024
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug021
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug020
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug018
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug016
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug014
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug012
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug009
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug008
Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today YardAug006

Again I try not to go yarding in the summer here...it's just to dang hot, but San Antonio is B-Body heaven...counld not resist nabbing pics.

I didn't even make it to the Caddys! Wink

Such fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:25 am

Spoiled rotten Texans, those are some sweet cars. I haven't seen a G body Grand Prix in the yards up here in almost 10 years.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:29 am

Roady wagon with caprice grille,. DOH!!

Still hoping for a roady grille mike,.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:28 am

The last Roady with the caprice grill actually looked in pretty good shape. The rear quarter stainless looked like it wasnt trashed like most and tons of great other parts! I have come across so few wagons, I strip anything not trashed/damaged when I can.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:31 am

Not for nothing Mike, but how worried are you  that a rattlesnake or other such fine critters will be among the cars in the yard. My military experience in San Antonio saw them sitting on runways, paths and rocks getting nice and warm, not 104* warm though.0 years ago so I don't remember that season it was.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Not for nothing Mike, but how worried are you  that a rattlesnake or other such fine critters will be among the cars in the yard. My military experience in San Antonio saw them sitting on runways, paths and rocks getting nice and warm, not 104* warm though.0 years ago so I don't remember that season it was.  

Knock on wood but I've never seen a snake in the yards there. The vehicles move around so much and so many people walk those yards, I think it scares them away. Now the old yards that are less visited, where cars sit for long periods, at those you would want to keep an eye out.

The only thing I've actually had issues with is wasps in some cars. Have to watch for nests.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Oh and yes I wanted to mention that last Roady wagon with the Caprice front bumper and grill. It had just come in and was TOTALLY LOADED with good parts. Did you notice all the black side trim still attached to the stainless?? Amazing! Hated to see that one in the yard for sure!
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:58 pm

We dont get that many b bodies here in Memphis ! Nice pics Mike .
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Yeah, they used to be all over the roads here but they're a rare sight on the roads and in the yards now. Crushed I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:48 pm

104 degrees is hot but you guys have almost no humidity so quit the crying Mike!Thanks for the pictures too.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:29 pm

i saw 2 olds cc bumpers. wish they where here. they would be in my garage already
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Love those Buick Turbines
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:51 am

My wife is wanting me to take her to a seminar in Austin early Sept....this is making it more appealing to go (and insist on driving, not flying!)

Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 am

brokecello wrote:
My wife is wanting me to take her to a seminar in Austin early Sept....this is making it more appealing to go (and insist on driving, not flying!)

Lol

It'll still be HOT here then. If you leave Austin at 6am you can make it to PNP by 8am easy. Doors open at 8:30...you want to be out of the yard by 11am unless you are MUCH tougher than me!!

Hope you drop me a line if you come to town. Will gladly give you the dime tour of Austin!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 am

81X11 wrote:
brokecello wrote:

Lol

It'll still be HOT here then.   If you leave Austin at 6am you can make it to PNP by 8am easy.   Doors open at 8:30...you want to be out of the yard by 11am unless you are MUCH tougher than me!!

Hope you drop me a line if you come to town.   Will gladly give you the dime tour of Austin!

-Mike

I will Sir!! That would be awesome!

If she goes with her friend, she will fly (and I will stay home) BUT if I go with her...we will take the Fleetwood. (just make that our fall vacation)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 am

Mike if you happen to go back (and I do understand how hot it is having just been there), I need off an OCC the metal on the bottom of the driver's door that holds on the cladding. I believe it scews into where the stainless (on a caprice) trim on the bottom of the door. Mine broke and the cladding is flopping on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:55 am

It'll be mid-to-late Sept before I hit those yards again, but will make a list before I go!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Nice bunch of B's.

If you are making a list - stainless clips/connectors are always needed.
Back to top Go down
big john and the TANK

big john and the TANK

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:42 pm

For all of us northern long roofers I must say.....WOW!! I have never seen so many B-bodies in one place. Except maybe the retirement community in southern Florida. Up here in the rust belt we might be lucky to get 2 a yr in the bone yrd. Thx for the pics.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Mike:

In your various quests I do have one thing that no one seems to be able to find. On the 94=96 Fleetwoods, theres a plastic cover that runs from the front edge of the drivers inner fender, forward under the compressor and forward to under the bumper. This is the piece that the outer air dam attaches to. Everyone that I have seen up here has met its maker on curbs or snowbanks and have been searching for this for over 3 years. Even southern cars seem to have suffered the same fate. For some reason the passenger side seems to survive but not the drivers side.

If you come across one, even one that is cracked, please grab it (2 10mm nuts at the inner fender and some large push fasteners attached to the center fairings). This is a good thing to collect if you can find a number of them. We all have the same issue.

If you can find it I would appreciate it. None up here or at the dealer.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today   Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick-N-Pull San Antonio Run Today
Page 1 of 1