GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pick-N-Pull San Jose California

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Empty
PostSubject: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:51 pm

My buddy Laird is on another business trip. I wonder how many other corporate types change out of dress clothes after meetings and hit the salvage yards in their rental cars. Very cool. Alcatraz or Pick-N-Pull....and Laird goes to the junk yard! Haha!

Just got sent these below pics from the South Bay Pick-N-Pull in San Jose California. Enjoy! Thanks Laird!

Is it Fiesta time? NO!
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Laird5

Roady wagon
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Laird4

Mustang "art car"
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Laird3

AMC Ramler
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Laird2

Neat Oldsmobile
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Laird1

If he sends any more intersting ones I'll post them up.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:58 pm

A paved JY,thats a first!
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 pm

He better grab that RMW grille...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Its a shame the Mustang was destroyed for what they call art!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 am

He went to another yard out there over the weekend. Just came in to these pics in my Inbox this morning.

California fun!

Gold OCC, has grill and hood ornament
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California GoldOlds

Uncle Rico's Van
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California UncleRico

Whoo...turbo...hahahahahaha
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Wheee

'78 Electra Limited...wish this was closer!
Pick-N-Pull San Jose California 78Limited

Such fun!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 pm

A goldsmobile!? Darn those are rare ones. I forgot they even existed! Some neat old cars. I forgot they don't rust there lol. I used to live near San Fransisco in the mid '90s, 30 and 40 year old daily drivers were commonplace. I took loads and loads of pics; had my little 110 camera with me always! Whenever I'd see a cool car, my aunt would stop and let me snap a pic. One of the more memorable was a '55 Buick hardtop sedan. Maybe a Cenutry. Two toned white over black, fully load, even had power windows. Driven by a guy in his 90's, probably the original owner. Didn't get a pic of that one since I was at the drugstore buying film when I saw it. If I ever go back to CA, I'm hitting the yards!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Lynol wrote:
A goldsmobile!? Darn those are rare ones. I forgot they even existed! Some neat old cars.
I do not think I've ever seen one before. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Mike dont joke about that Turbo colt,my little sister had one and it would fly.Had 2 shifters with
one for shifting the 4 speed and the second shifter was for "economy or performance".Use to
drive her crazy shifting it 8 times when going thru the gears.Taught her how to drive a stick in
that car.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike dont joke about that Turbo colt,my little sister had one and it would fly.Had 2 shifters with
one for shifting the 4 speed and the second shifter was for "economy or performance".Use to
drive her crazy shifting it 8 times when going thru the gears.Taught her how to drive a stick in
that car.
Jim

I remember the old select-shift units and silent-shaft MCA-Jet Mitsu Turbos. Hahahaha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Her next car was one of the FWD shelby chargers and I wish she had kept that one.Was a fast
car as long as you had a full 2 lanes to yourself.Torquesteer was unbelieveable in the car.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Her next car was one of the FWD shelby chargers and I wish she had kept that one.Was a fast
car as long as you had a full 2 lanes to yourself.Torquesteer was unbelieveable in the car.
Jim

Ahh...the fastback Omni hot-rods. Remember those too. Chrysler in the '80's was funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick-N-Pull San Jose California   Pick-N-Pull San Jose California Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick-N-Pull San Jose California
Page 1 of 1