GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moving day - parts departing

Go down 
+6
brokecello
toomanytoyz
sherlock9c1
jayoldschool
phantom 309
Ruphraxe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruphraxe

Ruphraxe

Moving day - parts departing Empty
PostSubject: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm

BigBlackBeast and DBeaSSt now have all my parts. If you're looking for wagon parts, contact Tim after May 1st or so - it took me 7 years to accumulate so it'll take at least a couple weeks to stock, sort and inventory.

My barn is empty, picked-over shells of wagons ready for crusher... but here are a few pics of the weekend's WagonPartsFest:

We can pull a Duramax!

Moving day - parts departing Mms_picture2

Moving day - parts departing 001

Gotta keep the trailer from overheating.

Moving day - parts departing Mms_picture3

Moving day - parts departing 002

Moving day - parts departing 005

Moving day - parts departing 008

Moving day - parts departing 009

Moving day - parts departing 011

Moving day - parts departing 019

Moving day - parts departing 013

Tim's wagon got stuck up to the sway bar in the soft part of the yard. $5 to the neighbor kid!

Moving day - parts departing Mms_picture4-1

And finally, this is the stuff we threw away - filled a whole Buffalo wagon, which I hope doesn't break in half on its final drive to the crusher.

Moving day - parts departing 022
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 am

end of an era,..

nick
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

Great pics, Fred! Looks like it was a fun day. Just think, soon all your parts cars will be rust free!

Hey Stingroo... I can see your new armrest in there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 am

I spotted that too. Smile It'll have to wait until next month though, when I have some cash.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Wish I could have been there. Glad you had a good crew to help out. That barn couldn't have gotten any fuller.

I suspect a number of those parts will be sold to the right hands at WF10.

Fred, where's the RMW front bumper cover I loaned you!

PS - is that coffee pot an L05 or an LT1 version?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I see the seat I need!!!! Smile

Looks like a fun day. I woulda come down to play!

Like Nick said though, "End of an Era."

So, when are you guys actually moving? Best of luck to you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Wow...I didn't think you had that much stuff left. Shocked Nick is right, it is an end of an era....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Sad thing is we couldn't fit everything. Lots of seats left over, make Fred an offer fast! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:18 am

What a busy weekend...... and my wheels still are not clean!!!!!

Just a FYI......

Seats
Fenders
Doors
Visors
Interior switches
Some door panels (NO TAN DRIVERS DOOR PANELS!!) my own is REALLY cracked
Sail panels
Headlights
Corner lights
Airbags
Coolant & washer fluid tanks & pumps
Misc interior pieces
Cargo covers (Even one coveted grey unit)
Wood trim pieces
Stainless lower trim
Fans
RMW vista shades
and much much more.................

Be patient with me I am just getting the hang of this.

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 am

Are the cargo covers RM only? I've never seen a Caprice with one. I think they're cool.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Don't know if I should post this here but would there happen to be a Ruby Red cargo cover in there somewhere?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Cargo covers are not model specific, they will fit any wagon.

If yours doesn't have one from the factory you just need the little plastic end pieces to screw into the side panels and a cover of course.

Give Tim a little time. He's already getting quite a few requests and needs a chance to sort and tag everything. I'm sure he'll be starting a thread of some sort so you guys can ask for parts. I will say though that the cargo covers he has are mostly in VERY good shape and will not go cheap.

I won't say what he has in case things are already spoken for or sold (or fell into to that mysterious "my stuff" pile). Wink I have some things as well and will be letting folks know what is available soon.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Cargo covers are not model specific, they will fit any wagon.

If yours doesn't have one from the factory you just need the little plastic end pieces to screw into the side panels and a cover of course.

Give Tim a little time. He's already getting quite a few requests and needs a chance to sort and tag everything. I'm sure he'll be starting a thread of some sort so you guys can ask for parts. I will say though that the cargo covers he has are mostly in VERY good shape and will not go cheap.

I won't say what he has in case things are already spoken for or sold (or fell into to that mysterious "my stuff" pile). Wink I have some things as well and will be letting folks know what is available soon.

Thanks Mike...... For what it is worth Mike was a huge help in this adventure!!! He sacrificed his entire weekend and all day Monday to help!!!! Not to mention driving to NY and back from central VA........

94X2 wrote:
Don't know if I should post this here but would there happen to be a Ruby Red cargo cover in there somewhere?

Is there different reds? I do have a Maroon cargo cover.........
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Happy to help Tim. Not sure what it says that I actually have fun doing this stuff though. geek

There are two reds. "LT1 red" is the Ruby Red. Very dark, almost blood red in color. "TBI red" is a lighter red. Those Roadmaster back door panels and the Caprice set you have are the Ruby Red color. I'm pretty sure that red cover is a Ruby Red.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:51 pm

94X2 wrote:

Yes I do.............
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:10 pm

This kind of reminds me of siblings picking through the parental home after a funeral... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving day - parts departing   Moving day - parts departing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving day - parts departing
Page 1 of 1