GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on

Go down 
+13
scoob8000
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
stockfornow
ArlingtonSS
phantom 309
95BRMW
brokecello
buickestate
DBeaSSt
convert2diesel
Sprocket
Ruphraxe
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruphraxe

Ruphraxe

I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Empty
PostSubject: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:06 pm

I took a j-o-b with the government in 2008 primarily because the wagons nearly disappeared and I hated selling cars I hated. The job was to last two years locally, then guaranteed placement, but not necessarily here in NY. So, the money ran out here, but showed up in a few other places. Seattle got me. I report on May 24th. Knowing that this was coming, though, I've worked out some details.

1. The shelter at Seneca Lake State Park is paid up.
2. My father-in-law tentatively agrees to lead a school group to do lunch.
3. Mike Lawrenz ( mlawrenz ) will collect payment and co-ordinate Dinosaur Barbeque dinner.
4. Mike Prosise will arrange for the T-shirts.
5. Joel Banyai ( Sherlock9C1 ) will collect payment for the show (prizes, lunch, supplies) and coordinate Saturday events.
6. Many others have offered assistance. I'm sure my wife will chime in on who's doing what.
7. Sunday breakfast is on your own. The new owners of my house probably won't welcome you all.
8. A Friday pre-show is to be determined.

I will not likely be able to attend as we'll still be settling in about 100 miles short of the furthest we could get away from NY taxes, politics, and antagonistic regulatory policy in the continental US. Kelly and I will host WagonFest11, though its host city is to be determined. If we can wing it, we'll return to NY for Fest and family.

I'll miss you guys this year.

Fred
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:26 pm

I'll bet there are alot of rust free wagons just waiting for you out there.

Looking forward to this years fest as it'll be my first, but I'm sure it'll be different than all the rest without you there Sad
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 pm

That certainly puts a different light on things affraid . Certainly hope the new placement is for the better. Too bad its to the wettest city in the continental US. Certainly will save you money on car washes.

Fred, you and Kelly will be sorely missed. Really hope WF can continue as it was always "your show" and as hosts, you and Kelly made the fest one of the highlights of our year. Just won't seem the same, though from your standpoint, it will probably be better for you and your family. Maybe a WF West next year will give us all an excuse for an extended summer vacation and a chance to see the Pacific North West.

I think I speak for all of us here in wishing you all the best.

Bill
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Wow, certainly a bummer that you're moving even further away. Sounds like a good move for you though. I've visited Seattle on multiple occasions and it's an absolutely beautiful area. Best part of course, very little snow!

Hopefully the move will go smoothly for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that I have mix emotions about this news. I'm happy for you and wish you all the best with your move. Wagon fest will not be the same with out you and your family. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Wow! I heard rumblings about this...but didn't think they would really send you that far away. I was hoping you would move South honestly. Neutral This does make me pretty sad, I can't lie.
WagonFest will not be the same without you and Kelly. I do wish you all the best and KNOW you will still have your hands in the wagons Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:36 pm

It definitely won't be the same without you. You and Kelly did such a great job last year (my first one). Good luck!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Congrats on the new job,..i know you were hoping for palm trees, but the west coast is THE place to be,. you'll be able to meet gerry (wagon 95) and see his car,.
Wagonfest on the west coast next year,.? awesome.
Well thats certainly changed my plans for,this year,.
Best of luck on the left coast,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Ps..Happy B-day too (a day late!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
ArlingtonSS

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:09 am

Wow Fred....I was in Sidney NY a couple of days ago on business and I seriously considered taking an extra day to drive up and meet you...really wish I would have done it now.

I hope to make it to Wagonfest some day and I'm glad to see that several people are stepping up to help keep this event alive.

Good luck to you and your family on your move the the Great Northwest!
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:24 am

I heard news from my old boss that there was a possibility you were moving....guess it's the truth now.

Best of luck to you and your family Fred. It was great getting to know you and I can't thank you enough for all the help (parts and knowledge) over the years! Smile

I will never forget the day when my dad and I came to Fred's shop looking for a wagon for me. My father couldn't understand why a 20 year old guy would want one. Fred took us for a ride in a tow pack RMW. Fred asked if we were ready, my dad responded with a very monotone "I guess" just as Fred burned rubber for an entire block!

And the B-Body addiction began......
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:30 am

now this puts another wrench in the works.........

was having difficulties with funding and am in the process of perfecting "creative accounting" so I could make it to WF10. Now I'm not so sure. Although I understand that others have the capacity to carry on, YOU were the hub that all the spokes originated from. We show up on Friday at YOUR shop, primp our rides and do final prep at YOUR house, Sunday's activities start at YOUR house, then continue to to the "junkyard" after YOUR prior arrangements with YOUR contacts........ yes, you will be missed.

While Saturdays activities are pretty much self governing, the problem is all of the ancillary activities. Someone needs to be "in charge". This is getting too big and complex to hope that everyone does what is asked.

I understand that the Pacific North west is one of the most beautiful places in the country and am sure that the change in climate and governmental attitude will be a blessing to you and Kelly. My son and I wish you both the best of luck. It's been a good ride.......
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 pm

I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on DSC01128

Sad
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Wow Fred, that's some shocking news! I really, truly hope that the PNW works out well for you, Kelly, and Katie! As mentioned before, I hear it's absolutely gorgeous in that part of the country! I wish you guys the best of luck and really hope the move goes as smoothly as possible!

I'm sure the western wagon nuts are going to be excited once the pony express reaches them!

Oh, and say hi to Stewart for me. Wink

All that said, you and your wonderful family were a real part of the draw out to get all us kooks out there. I really do appreciate the fact that WF2K10 is continuing on as planned and we are gonna do our best to make it one HELL of a time, even without your home as a kickoff and regrouping point. We'll find our way, it's in good hands.

And you know DAMN sure there will be a collection for round trip tickets for the 3 of you, too. It's gonna happen. So get used to the fact now. By the end of July, you'll be psyched! Smile
Back to top Go down
scoob8000

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Well I've had a few hours for this to soak in now.

I'm just still bummed, Fred and Kelly is family to us and we will certainly miss them. But I certainly understand at the same time the need to move.

We hope everything works out for you guys!

We'll still be there to show our love of these cars and our support for Fred and Kelly. Not to mention getting to visit with all the friends we've made up there over the years.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:44 am

New York's loss is the rest of America's gain. You'll be greatly missed here, but our congratulations and best wishes for the future in PNW country are with you.

Dave Buchholz, Rochester NY "lakeffect"
Back to top Go down
SCbarber

SCbarber

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Gee, was hoping it was SC, but Washington? Well, gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck to you and your family, I know you will not miss NY, atleast I don't.
Back to top Go down
http://paulthebarber.net
Ruphraxe

Ruphraxe

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:29 pm

John, thanks. Go if you can - it's all of YOU wagon nuts that make the Fest festive.

Bill, you don't have to shovel rain.

Mike, we've talked. Smile

Pat, I will be back!

Chris (and Paul) - South Carolina was our destination of choice. Unless we fall in love with Seattle, SC is still in sight. Don't want to move Katie around too much too fast, so it'll be at least two years before we think about that.

Kevin, I've sold many wagons that way, but the test drive is more fun than the sale!

Robert, see first line. And it has been a GREAT ride.

Bill, sniff. Coming back to NY isn't a matter of money - it's too soon after moving so far to come back in July. Next year, we'll see...

Mike, cheer up!

Dave, thanks, and see you soon.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:56 pm

bye fred.
Back to top Go down
Ruphraxe

Ruphraxe

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:44 pm

Nick, thanks for the nice email off the forum.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Wow, just got back from vacation in Atlanta / Nashville. I have not been on the computer for a week. When I read this, you could have knocked me over with a feather.

Not counting, I'm guessing I have had work related moves at least 10 times---Alaska, Oregon, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Without a doubt my favorite state is Washington, we lived there 7 years. We lived in both Eastern and Western Washington, one is a desert and the other is a rainforest. My wife is a native of Washington. I'm sure you and Kelly will like Washington, it offers a lot. If I could have I would still be out there.

Without a doubt, it is the best for you and your family. We'll miss you, but I know you will be around.

Good luck and we will keep WF going.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
94 LT1 Wagon

94 LT1 Wagon

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Fred, let me be the first to welcome you and your family to my neck of the woods. I sent you another PM in hopes to begin the planning of "West Coast Wagon Fest 2011 "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on   I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am moving to Seattle - WagonFest will go on
Page 1 of 1