GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bucket seat mounts

Go down 
+2
lakeffect
Shaneomac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Okay, so after some more research and seeing a few floorpans of others, that have the split bench seats. I have realized that the easiest way to get my bonnies in my wagon I'm going to need the inner set of mounts for bucket seats. So if some one has a parts car that could cut out the two inner mounts closest to the trans tunnel so that I could weld them in to mine that would be very helpful to me. Also would be interested in a some power seat rails if any are laying around. Thanks
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:54 am

I'm not aware that they exist for 92's. When I put in aftermarket buckets in, I used Stock GM B-body electric seat bases, and welded mounting strips on top, then drilled holes to match the new bolt pattern. The floor pan on the 91-93's is different than the 94-96, which is why it's also easier to add Dual exhausts on the 94-96  models.
You'll find the need to make a longer riser on the tunnel side as the floor is higher on the outside than it is in the center. I saw a good part candidate for the standoff at the local ACE hardware store. It looked like a washer that was about an inch thick. they had several sizes. Can't remember the name it was called though.

Last edited by lakeffect on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 11:17 am

Thanks lakeffect. That's what had me worried on the inner mounts. I seen that it needed a slight raise to be even, and dint know if it would be best to drill through the floor pan to mount the seats. I have the power rails for the bonnie and all wiring and switches the b-ville floor mount holes don't line up with the b-body floor mounts tho correct?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Correct... need to drill a few holes on the tunnel side. My power seat bases were from other b-body wagons so in my case, the outer holes matched up just fine.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 12:48 pm

We just did Bonnie's in Chris's TBI car. Piece of cake. A couple of holes in the stock power rails and they plug and play.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Yea just use the B-Body seat tracks, it's easy. Unless your car was a super base model and came with a solid (not split) bench from the factory, you already have the mounts on the floor.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:41 pm

If you do have a front bench, I have a set of mounts that I cut from a car that I can photograph and measure for you. I can't sell them, I need them for one of my projects.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Yea I will probably get my hands on a set of power b-body tracks. So ACE has a thick washer deal that would work good for the inner risers?

Yes I do have a base model with a non split bench.

Yes some pictures of how you did yours would be great. I will work on getting some b-body power seat rails and find a way to raise the inner mounts so the seat has a good base to sit on.

Thank you all for the advice and input.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Ace hardware... call it a spacer. They come in different bolt sizes and thicknesses. Wouldn't be surprised if Lowe's and/or Home Depot have the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Might go looking at farm n fleet see what they got the as far as spacers and flat thick plates. I'll get my grade 8 hardware there any way. You say it's about an inch or so that it needs raised on the tunnel side though?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:24 pm

I'll take pics for you Monday after work! You have a straight across bench, or a split bench?
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:33 pm

I have a one piece bench seat.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:49 am

It's at least a 1/2, if not closer to 1" Get several 1/2 spacers and you can always pile them up or add afew regular washers till you are level.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 am

the one piece benches in the 91+ cars are pretty rare, most had the split bench
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Yea that's what I'm finding out, It very easy if it were a split guess I'm not that lucky and got one of the only ones with a real bench seat. I'm really dreading putting 4 holes through the floor board. I know it's pretty uncomfortable and I need those bonnie seats back.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 4:37 pm

However that works in your favor. You could go to your local salvage yard and find a b-body and get the floor mount brackets off of it. Or there are a couple cars being parted out by members, see if they can remove the pieces you need.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:34 pm

That was the purpose of starting this "wanted" thread. Not any you-pull-its in the area scrap/recyclers only. They could get what I wanted maybe but wouldn't be very budget friendly.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 pm

I have a 95 parts car that once had bonnies but with my work travel as its been can't tell you when I could cut them out for you. Let me know if you come up blank elsewhere. Jeff
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 pm

I couldn't get to the box with the parts today, garage is in winter storage mode. I'll try and move some stuff around tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 2:28 pm

What year of wagon are the floor mounts from and what year wagon are they goin into?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:26 pm

The mounts are from a 94 Fleetwood, and they are going in a 71 Pontiac (to mount 1990 Fleetwood D'Elegance seats). Off to the garage...
Back to top Go down

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Don't quote me on this - but I don't think it would matter from 77-96.

Bonnies fit in 91-93 cars, and from my understanding, the floor pan is the same from 77-93 (at least) and bonnies fit in 94-96 cars, so that would tell me the seat mounts SHOULD be the same.

Right?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Here you go, inner front mounts. The rears are just like the outside ones.

The pan slopes up towards the trans tunnel, but the tall one is about 1.5" off the floor, while the short one is 1.25" tall.

Bucket seat mounts DSC_0159_zps4800a0c3

Bucket seat mounts DSC_0160_zpsd35785df
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Awesome!! That's a huge help at least now I got an idea of how much it needs raised. Thank you everyone for your knowledge and advice. The search continues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bucket seat mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket seat mounts   Bucket seat mounts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bucket seat mounts
Page 1 of 1