GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT

Go down 
+8
buickestate
bigoldv8
phantom 309
Krzdimond
silverfox103
Bewber
DBeaSSt
brokecello
12 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Empty
PostSubject: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 am

phantom 309 wrote:

I,m sure folks will be proud to display a plaque with a picture of your car on it,.
will it come adorned with personalised plates saying 'brokecello"..????

Nick

I need some feedback (been getting it from Nick...and I understand what he is saying)

Its not about using a wagon I own, but a wagon in general with the knowledge that a it will change yearly. You have to start with something. I just started with a PICTURE Mike took of the OCC I now own.

I already worked something out with the graphic artist..and can another wagon idea if this is really that bad. But I need some feedback before I lay down the cash needed to make something like this.

I'm not changing the background, but I can get the actual wagon changed.

Is anyone even still interested in this idea of the dash plaques? If not, I will gladly help out in another way toward the fest.

Here is the picture again. The plaque would be a 2inx2in piece.

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Wagonfest_2010-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Looks fine to me. Simple and attractive.

My only suggestion would be to make the size more rectangular than square, I think it'd look a bit better that way. 3X2 maybe? Just a thought. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Great shot. Rolling Eyes Can you photo chop in a couple rocking chairs and a walker or an amigo? Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Not as a "bitch" per se - but in future years, I'd much rather see a wagon that's had SOMETHING done to it. I totally dig the idea of 3x2 dash plaques or refrigerator magnets - and I have a TON of them, so don't get me wrong. I just can't see putting the ass end of such a boring assed wagon on the swag for the only show in the whirrled where so many customized wagons of this type are gathered.

I still have naughty thoughts about that ole dude's bitchin, flamed, candy apple metallic 92 CC with the surfboard. I still giggle when I remember how my bones tingled when Paul's gold wagon pulled a wholeshot and put on a smokeshow at will BECAUSE IT CAN. I still dig how killer the paint job on Chris Patooty's wagon came out, and I still want to slip Crovo a roofy and take advantage of the marshmellow in the darkened shadows of the hotel parking lot. Compared to those.... A bone stock cruiser in baby blue.... Sleep

I know I know, the 10 hour drive with 4 kids is not about the cars (It's about Isabella), but we also all know that part of the fun - the draw - the attraction - what puts asses in the seats - is seeing what all different things people have done to make each wagon their own - and I'm of the opinion that it would only benefit the growth and promotion of the event if the swag created for it showed "something worth making the trip to see" for someone who's only a borderline wagon kook.

Some people get off on keeping things 100% original right down to the washer fluid, and I get that.* Wagonfest just never really struck me as that type of deal, not that there'd be anything wrong with it if it were.** And I'm not prejudiced either, since my own wife has been into restorations for years ***.

That been said, thank you Chris for taking on this project and I look forward to seeing the final product.

* Actually, I don't.
** Yes, there is.
*** Yea.... she restores my BONER!!! cheers
(ok, that was just stupid. I'm stupid. Forget it)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't remember the exact title of the award, something like "Best Wagon", it went to Jerry with the surfer wagon. I would say it would be good practice to use the "Best Wagon" from the previous year. In this case Jerrry's. That way no one has any complaints and no one person really has anything to do with picking it. It was voted on.

Nice clean process!

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:53 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
I don't remember the exact title of the award, something like "Best Wagon", it went to Jerry with the surfer wagon. I would say it would be good practice to use the "Best Wagon" from the previous year. In this case Jerrry's. That way no one has any complaints and no one person really has anything to do with picking it. It was voted on.

Nice clean process!

Tom C.

Now that is a real good idea!!...do we have a good shot of the wagon? This is the only one I have and the door is open. Would be nice to have it fit the current background too...

Do we need to contact him for permission to use his wagon? I don't know him.

I do appreciate the input guys. I hear you Bewber and also found a place that will do a 2x3 that is in my budget (full color still)

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT 17
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:30 pm

This is all I got..

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT SDC10098

and a "butt shot"

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT SDC10140
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Thanks Chris, it is a good idea as it eliminates any problems. August "Wagon of the Month" is from WF. I didn't see anything different than your pictures, but there might be in the video's. Just say Krzdimond's that looks like a good picture.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/lrom-f24/august-wagon-of-the-month-t470.htm

But what I do like is the picture in your posting, from that link, about 3/4's the way down, showing Fred with his arms out and 3 or 4 wagons in the background. That is a great picture that we should do something with.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Bewber wrote:
Great shot. Rolling Eyes

I just can't see putting the ass end of such a boring assed wagon on the swag for the only show in the whirrled where so many customized wagons of this type are gathered.

I,m thinking make a custom wagon up,.photochop a paint scheme,.wheels,. nobodys' wagon in particular,.
or a simple white generic woody,. from the front end please,. or go cartoon,. massive slicks,. blower out the hood,.etc,.
But as was said,. pretty crappy boring light blue wagon from the rear end?

Meh,.
but hey if i,m not at wagonfest, i still want a plaque,.
seeing as i didn't get a T shirt last year.

Nick
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 pm

that's plaquetacular
Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT 2061561096_572b033c2f
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm

what about the best mod wagon?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm

or that cool roofless one?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 pm

buickestate wrote:
or that cool roofless one?

Didn't you hear, that's been sold.

Please update your signature.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:13 pm

I nominate a picture of Fred's wagon. which ever one he's keeping. I mean we wouldn't be talking about this without Fred.

Then next year there could be a vote for this year for wagon with the best plaque buildup Smile
Back to top Go down
Ruphraxe

Ruphraxe

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Sorry to be the spoiler, Sprocks, but I like Tom's idea - last year's best of show. The first few years' T shirts had "no one's wagon in particular," and I like that graphic, too, as a second choice along with Nick.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Ruphraxe wrote:
Sorry to be the spoiler, Sprocks, but I like Tom's idea - last year's best of show. The first few years' T shirts had "no one's wagon in particular," and I like that graphic, too, as a second choice along with Nick.

Ok, that pretty much says it. As nice as that graphic is....I honestly think it has been put to good use in the past for the shirts.

So, I will get with the graphic artist tomorrow and see about a new version with the tricked out OCC.

Thanks Fred!! Are you tired yet?

Stay tuned Smile I will post up progress and hope you guys keep commenting as we go.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Ruphraxe wrote:

nothing spoiled, just throwing out ideas. Hope your drive is going well!!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Ruphraxe wrote:
and I like that graphic, too, as a second choice along with Nick.

cool,. the graphic and me on the T shirts,.. AWESOME! What a Face

Arrow Nick
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:17 pm

I have two:

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Wagonfest2009088

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Wagonfest2009082
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Ok, final design is still in works (waiting on higher res pic) BUT they will be ordered late this week/early next week.

We are using the OCC above ^^ (hot)

And (depending on what the final numbers are from Joel) the first 30 or 40 folks to register will get 'em. Hopefully this is a fun little thing to keep and show off each year we meet Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Here you go Smile

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Powell10
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:08 pm

works for me
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Woah! Just got home and they were waiting for me. They are REALLY nice IMO. Each one has a plastic protective film on it too FYI (so peel it off) Smile

One for me...and one to mail to Fred...the rest are going to Joel to give out to the 1st 33 that have paid registration.

Eager to hear feedback after the 'Fest too. If you guys like this idea, I am happy to make a new design for next year based off the location and your choice of wagon pic (assuming People's Choice again?)

WHOO! Glad these are done! cheers

Chris

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT IMG_9918
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Looks good. Sweet! I am in that group! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT   Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dash Plaque Input....PLEASE COMMENT
Page 1 of 1