GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...

Go down 
+4
phantom 309
brokecello
DBeaSSt
hueterm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hueterm

hueterm

ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Empty
PostSubject: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:22 pm

I just closed on a '95 RM Estate today. I'm in Bentonville, AR, and the wagon is in Chicago. It will be a couple of weeks before I go get it. It's getting some mechanical work done on it up there (primarily trans rebuild), and then I'll have the cosmetics finished up here. It's a DCM Woody w/alloys, red leather, GT suspension (not sure if it has Tow..will have to ck the RPOs). And looks to be in very good condition (especially the interior). 65K miles.

However, I haven't actually seen it -- my best friend lives in Chicago and has handled the whole thing for me. He's as anal as I am, though...so I trust his judgment. I'm primarily a Cadillac guy, but I had a '93 RM Sedan a few years ago, and now I have a dog (possibly two in a few years), and need a good way to haul him/them back and forth with me on weekend road trips. Other than a Suburban/Yukon XL/Escalade ESV, there isn't a better option -- and NONE when you consider the gas mileage.

I'm planning to consolidate 2 of my Cadillac cars into one, at some point -- and then get a second B-Body wagon, while I can still find them somewhat easily. Put maybe 10K miles on each per year, and have first class accommodations for the next 10 years or so.

I'm sure once I drive the LT-1, I won't want to go back to the 5.7 TBI that was in my sedan... And the RM base seat, for me, is one of the most comfortable seats for highway cruising that I've ever sat in -- so I'll be leaning RM Estate again.

Look forward to getting to know people around here.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:57 am

Finally! He registers!

My first wagon convert. Very Happy (Well, I'd like to think I helped somewhat)...

Enjoy! And I hope you snag those rallye wheels.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 am

Welcome aboard! DCM is my favorite color with wood. My first wagon was the same color with the Ruby leather. Very nice, congratulations!

Tow pack is easy to tell. If it's got the mechanical fan, it's tow pack. Dual electrics, not tow pack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:35 am

Welcome Smile Can't wait to see some pics! 65k miles? Wow! Shocked

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:37 am

Welcome and now pat yourself on the back for making such an intelligent decision to join this group!If you have a mechanical problem "ask the forum".If you want to make a modification"ask the forum".If you need a laugh just read this forum and you will find that they are the most friendly,helpful,honest and comical bunch of wagon nuts anywhere on the web.If you need a particular wagon related part just ask because somebody probably has it and more likely has at least 5 of them.
I hope you get the picture cause if you didnt ASK THE FORUM!
Take Care and be Happy
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks all!

Now Stingroo, I registered several days ago so I could email Rick on those wheels. I just didn't post until the deal was done ;-)

There are 2 'Roos on this forum, now I have to call you by your "full name"...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
just read this forum and you will find that they are the most friendly,helpful,honest and comical bunch of wagon nuts anywhere on the web.

Hmmm,. things are gonna have to change around here,..i got a reputation to uphold,.
Nick scratch ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Smile_163
Back to top Go down
Quarterracer

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Cool. Another wagon owner from NWA. I'm in Siloam Springs. Mine probably aren't anywhere near as nice as the one you just picked up though. I may have to buy a nicer one in the future once sales pick up here at work.
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi Quarter -- good to know someone else is in the neighborhood!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 pm

hueterm wrote:
Thanks all!

Now Stingroo, I registered several days ago so I could email Rick on those wheels. I just didn't post until the deal was done ;-)

lol You could just call me Ray.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Welcome, look forward to pics. Careful these things are like potato chips....
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Stingroo wrote:
hueterm wrote:
Thanks all!

lol You could just call me Ray.

How about "Joey"? ;-)
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Welcome, look forward to pics. Careful these things are like potato chips....

Thanks --

The wagons, you mean? I know...I haven't even picked this one up yet, and I've got my eye on a second. If I had more time to go check out and buy it -- I just might. So I guess it's good I'm busy :-)
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 am

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
ArlingtonSS

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:16 am

Welcome! Have any pictures to post yet?
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:39 pm

ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... IMG_0656

ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... IMG_0657

ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... IMG_0659

Just picked both of them up yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...   ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER new wagon owner from NW Arkansas...
Page 1 of 1