GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.

Go down 
+8
Bone Stock
ArlingtonSS
brokecello
Sprocket
DBeaSSt
stockfornow
silverfox103
Quarterracer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Quarterracer

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Empty
PostSubject: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:17 am

Hi, My name is Don and I'm here thanks to silverfox103. He sent me a pm on Impalassforum and directed me here. I just recently saved a '91 Olds Custom Cruiser from the crusher and figured I'd join some forums to get ideas and find a good source for parts. It's not much to look at now but hopefully that'll change in time. Here's a quick cell phone pic I took the other day and I'll try to get some better ones once I get it home from work.

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. 1266949283

This will be my first B-body so I've got a lot to learn. As much as I like to see pictures on any intro thread I'll post a few pics of my previous rides.

The most recent one was an '07 Avalanche.

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. 04296343_001

'00 SS.

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Sssig-1
Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. 052508036

'01 Denali on KMC 22" Slide's.

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Denali021

'78 911SC.

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. IMG_3371-1

'06 GMC

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. IMG_1271-1

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. IMG_2335

'01 Lightning

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. 7-23-06026

'95 Mustang GT

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. 1995MustangGT001
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Don saved a 1991 CC, you know he's a good guy. Glad you made it over.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:04 pm

I love your avalanche. Best color EVER.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Welcome to the madness!!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Welcome! Thank you for saving another wagon, especially a Cruiser! Smile Most of our cars start out a bit rough but they get better. Look forward to pics of the progress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Welcome to the family...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome! Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Welcome

Glad you could save another Cruiser! You have/had quite a fleet

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Quarterracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Bought another car last night. Picked up a '92 Buick wagon in the next town over. This one runs and drives so I can just use it for a daily while we work on getting the Cruiser running. I'm going to end up giving that one to my brother so it'll still be in good hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
ArlingtonSS

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 am

Welcome Don! Nice save on the OCC. Keep us posted of your progress on the wagon.

Don
Back to top Go down
Quarterracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Figured I might as well update this. I ended up buying the Roadmaster I was looking at and sold the CC after we got it running. I've done quite a bit to get the Roadmaster somewhat road worthy and this fall/winter I'll be swapping in a 6.0L and 4L80E. Here's a more recent pic of the Roadmaster.

What I've done to it besides the usual tune up stuff was install a Hotchkiss spring set, 17" KMC Nova SS wheels in chrome (probably need a slightly taller tire). Rattle can Satin black paint and new tint. I've also installed 6000K HID's for more light and a Pioneer AVIC D3 Nav unit. Still need to do a new cover for the dash to fit over the double din unit.

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. 304950_144017465691452_100002495992510_230277_2903257_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Welcome to the madness and please document your 6 litre transplant as thats what I want to
do with my OCC.Way to go on saving the wagons from the crusher!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Quarterracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:46 pm

I'll try my best to document the swap but I'm actually having a friend do all the work for me. So I won't always be around to help him out and take pics.
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Quarterracer, I missed your CC intro, so here is a belated welcome. Most any CC generates envy around here, yours included!

Nice work on the RMW, and we look forward to hearing about the new engine & tranny.

John
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Welcome. COME TO WAGON FEST MID ATLANTIC.............
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 pm

You might be Stingroo's new hero....An Orange Avalanche, and now a satin black wagon.

Good lookin' rides.

Mike
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Bone Stock wrote:
Most any CC generates envy around here, .

John

They do??
mebbe with a 6 litre i could warm up to it,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:58 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Bone Stock wrote:
Most any CC generates envy around here, .

John

They do??
mebbe with a 6 litre i could warm up to it,.

Nick
Nick, I concede that CC beauty is only skin deep.

John
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Welcome aboard. Hope you can make one of our wagonfest events this year or next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.   Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon newb from Northwest Arkansas.
Page 1 of 1