GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
just me

92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Empty
PostSubject: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 2:05 am

Been there since end of April but today was my first chance to get back up there and look at it. Got a few interior plastic pieces in tan while I really need 93 dark sapphire but paint is always an option. Got the 3rd seat latch assembly, glove box latch handle that I needed but the interior was already picked over. Also got a couple wagon specific items that I didn't need but would be good for spares like the rear cargo handles with switches (no light covers), tailgate window popper, and the rear wiper arm. Also got some other things I couldn't see letting go to the crusher like the roof window shade and one flyaway panel that had obviously been put back on once before. And taillights that I will try to polish up before putting up for sale. I never get stuff to sell that would be awkward shipping.

What I left on the RMW for someone else is side trim without rubstrips, roof rack bar, tailgate with little ding on passenger edge and wood applied over original wood, power antenna about an inch down into bezel, and a non-cracked dash pad in tan. The instrument panel cover had already been 'pryed' off so someone could get the radio and break the rear window release.

Little damage on bottom of driver side doors let me know it was probably in the yard for mechanical problems at 108,000 miles. SPID listed GU5 for rear axle and the V92 towpack but there was no hitch on the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 8:27 am

The GU5 is a 3.23 rear, and you should consider swapping it for yours if you have a 2.73 or 2.93.

You should also get the antenna. There are no more of them available, and I saw the last three masts available on ebay (I may buy them for spares).

I may have some blue parts if you need blue. Let me know what you need. SEM paint has become extremely expensive, and you can only get custom colors from Vinyl Pro. If you are going to SEM any other parts, you can defray the shipping by buying multiple cans. It takes about a can, to a can and a half, to paint the dash. About the same for a door panel. Cost is about $27 a can plus shipping. You can find the paint code on the forum somewhere to avoid the color matching fee of $25.

The shade can be adapted to any vista trim with a little modification.

The cargo handles have the wiring for the lights, with the fragile switches. The handles themselves are not a demand item.

If you can drill the rivets out for the cargo net hooks on the sides of the floor, they are good spares.

You should grab the dash pad, because good ones are few and far between, no matter what color they are.

If the windows are not scratched, grab the sill wipes. The felt gets hard when they age, and scratch the outside of the glass. Get the wipe with the reveal to keep it straight. The wipes are somewhat delicate toward the front, and removing the triangle first makes it easier to remove without bending it. If you bend the wipe, it is toast. I pry the clips a little at a time going from back to front and then front to back. There is a screw at the rear.

Get the top chrome reveals for the door glass if the thin black strip is firmly attached. The black strip is notorious for detaching. Front and rear are all desirable.
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Can't get anymore, tapped out the budget for spare parts until I get time to clean/polish/sell the flyaways, shade, and taillights to a Roady driver. Dashpads in SoCal are well known for being very brittle, removing and trying to install would most likely result in cracks. My Caprice wagon just has a cover to hide its long cracks, and I already have the 3.23 posi rear in mine so don't need it. I looked a the weatherstrip on the bottom of the doors and it was brittle so the sill wipes are probably the same. I did also nab the high mount stop light someone had been so kind to liberate when they broke the hatch glass to get in the rear and they only took the gate handle covers, possibly something in behind the storage/taillight area on the driver side. It looked a little 'involved' to get the power antenna out with the few tools I took with me, would only be worth it if I knew that it worked or even if the mast is unbroken/bent.

The blue I need is the glovebox latch handle, 3rd seat handle for the floor section, one round hook for the bottom of D-pillar (got the tan ones), 2nd seat belt covers for the C-pillar, defrost grilles for dashpad center and right (have gray ones), fuse block cover but I can make mine work like I did the cargo light lens. I wouldn't waste a good dashpad on the car since it sits in the sun all day in SoCal.

Last edited by just me on Thu May 14, 2015 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed passenger side to driver side for behind the storage area.)
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 9:37 pm

I should have most of the parts you want in DSB. I will get a list together tomorrow. I need the dimensions of the defrost grille in the center. I do not have the small side defrost grille.

If the antenna is retracted, it is probably good. You can test it before leaving the yard by plugging it into your car, and turning the key on...if it goes up, turn the key off, and it should retract. They are a little difficult to get out, but try finding one if your mast gets broken or bent. I have three right now, and want $95 for each.
Back to top Go down
snakeeyesracing

snakeeyesracing

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:27 pm

There's one listed there now and 1/2 price is this weekend. Hope it's a wagon and that the engine is there when I get there.
Back to top Go down
snakeeyesracing

snakeeyesracing

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 1:56 am

Looking like it just went from hope the engine and transmission are there and good to better be there and good. Lost the transmission today. Sad
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:46 am

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 10:29 pm

When I saw it the fuel injectors were already gone from the throttle body. At the lower mileage on the dash and little body damage on the car I would think the mechanicals are why it was in the yard, check the engine/trans very carefully.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:55 pm

I could use that posi.....Maybe one of you guys could grab it for me?
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
just me

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 11:43 pm

That wagon doesn't show up in the yards online inventory as of Thursday the 20th PM.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 1:43 am

Oh Well.....
Perhaps all it takes to become a "professional parts puller" is to know what parts internet friends are looking for and access to those parts.......
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Just takes more disposable income than I have! That's why I post when I find one in a local yard, had to post about a Chrysler TC on its respective forum since they only show up in a yard about 1 time a year and I am out of mad money. I also check on the Copart auction site since most of the vehicles there are bought by either salvage yards or cheapy dealers in these parts. My wagon and a couple others I have seen on Copart have ended up at the dealer where I got my wagon. Unfortunately in California most of those auction cars have to be bought by someone with a dealer or dismantler license because the laws about selling a car to an individual without a smog test having been done could shut the auctions down.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:36 pm

What does that yard get for a rear end (d2d) and what's a "professional parts puller" likely to get, after his labor and markup?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.   92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

92 Roadmaster wagon in pick a part yard, Riverside, CA.
Page 1 of 1