GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to tell what year a wagon is.......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

How to tell what year a wagon is....... Empty
PostSubject: How to tell what year a wagon is.......   How to tell what year a wagon is....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:00 pm

I've passed a Caprice wagon about 8 miles away from me every time I make a run to the scrap yard. I've seen this white with wood Caprice sitting in the same place in a person's driveway over the last 1+ years. Well today I decided to stop and hopefully see if the car was for sale. Knocked on the door but no answer.
The wagon is quite dirty but looks to be in pretty decent shape as far as any body damage or interior wear. The blue cloth interior looks to be the same color as my '96 Roadie.
Has dual exhaust outlets but pre '94 style door mirrors.
With no access to the inside or under the hood, any way to determine the year?
I left a small note with my name and cell # in hopes the owner would at least call and say yes 4 sale or no.

Steve
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: How to tell what year a wagon is.......   How to tell what year a wagon is....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Very simple. Curved dash (the 94-96 dash is very different than the 91-93), dual exhuast,, 94 and earlier mirrors (94 was the last year, not 93)... it's a 94.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: How to tell what year a wagon is.......   How to tell what year a wagon is....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 pm

It did have the curved dash with digital style speedo in a smallish rectangular screen. Need power to it to see mileage. So it's a '94 with LT1?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: How to tell what year a wagon is.......   How to tell what year a wagon is....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 9:29 am

yes
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: How to tell what year a wagon is.......   How to tell what year a wagon is....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 5:54 pm

I just have that feeling it's gonna be one of those situations like you see on the "tube" where an owner just refuses to sell even though the vehicle has been sitting not driven for a year +. I think I'll send him an actual letter to his house asking if it's for sale. Wonder why its just sitting there?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: How to tell what year a wagon is.......   How to tell what year a wagon is....... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:55 pm

in the vin #
RR 94
SR 95
TR 96
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to tell what year a wagon is.......   How to tell what year a wagon is....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to tell what year a wagon is.......
Page 1 of 1