GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Empty
PostSubject: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Isn't the earlier tan more yellow than the later version? I ask because I got some front seat skins from a 96 sedan (the non limited pleated style) to replace my worn Limited seat skins. I found a 94 rear wagon seat at a junk yard on car-part, and from the picture they look the same. But, it's a 50 mile drive, and I don't want to drive all the way there to see that they are different. Of course I'll take on of the skins with me, but I just want to save a trip if they are different.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Update, I was wrong it is a 93 wagon. I swear the seat bottom looks like leather. Are they? On my 96 the rear seats look like vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 8:20 pm

I dont know about the tan color being different year to year. I do know on my 95 with tan leather, the back seat sure looks like vinyl also

Ed
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 am

The tan interior 91-93 RMWs, for the most part, had camel colored interiors. Camel is a very yellow tan. The 93s also had a one year color that is a darker tan, and is slightly darker than the 94-96 tan. The cars were advertised with the seating area of the front and rear seats to be leather. The rest of the material is vinyl. The top of the arm rest is supposed to be leather as well.

The "limited" and "standard" seat covers are not compatible. If you find nice leather seat covers in any color, and they do not match, or fit your car, you can probably sell them to finance your trip with a little profit.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 11:57 am

Can an earlier style rear folding seat (from a 93) fit in my 96? The 93 has a big heavy metal plate when the seat is folded down. My 96 is fiberboard.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 pm

The tailgunner seat can be used, because the hinge is a piano hinge in both instances. The back of the 94-96 (cargo bay floor) is made from plastic, and the one on the 91-93 is metal. I do not know if the seat bottom will fit, but it should.

The second row 93 (91-93) seat does not fit the 94-96 cars. The mechanism is totally different.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks Fred. It's frustrating because the 93 seat I found is perfect. Oh well, a 94+ rear seat will show up eventually.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 pm

I would grab them, and put them up for sale. The dark tan 93 seat covers are worth a lot of money.

Make sure you get a Limited seat only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?   What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What year did the tan color on the Roady wagon change?
Page 1 of 1