GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

7 Horses Pulling Hay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steel-and-fire

7 Horses Pulling Hay Empty
PostSubject: 7 Horses Pulling Hay   7 Horses Pulling Hay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 am

This was on 96A when I was driving from Ithaca to Geneva for Wagonfest. I immediately locked the video on my dashcam because I had never seen that many horses pulling that much hay...twice!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 7 Horses Pulling Hay   7 Horses Pulling Hay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:23 am

Still faster than our 305/307s' Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: 7 Horses Pulling Hay   7 Horses Pulling Hay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:43 am

There is a large Mennonite community around Waterloo. Their simple life style may seem strange in this day and age, but what they do with horses is incredible. They have another community 40 miles south of here around Ogdensburg and some of the horses I have seen down there are prime examples of selective breeding. The Budweiser people could learn a lot from these people. Not uncommon to see someone plowing a 40 acre field using "two in hand" Clydesdales at almost the same speed as a small tractor.

They have a family down there that manufactures wood sheds and small buildings for sale. The entire operation, including the lumber mill, is powered almost entirely by horses or 75 year old diesels (Listers are the engine of choice). No electricity, no phone connections except one cell phone for the business number and that is an old flip phone charged using a single solar cell that I think they bought at the local Walmart. Very resourceful.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7 Horses Pulling Hay   7 Horses Pulling Hay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7 Horses Pulling Hay
Page 1 of 1