GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MG Davis

MG Davis

That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner Empty
PostSubject: That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner   That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 2:39 pm

How does it come out? I've found a coupl eof really awkwardly placed bolts on top under the carpet, but they dont look very accessible. There's also some really fragile looking clips on the front/bottom. Figured I'd ask before I broke something experimenting. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner   That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

It's been almost a year since I swapped the entire interiors between two OCCs, so I'm not remembering real specifically, but:
That panel includes the entire surround for the third seat area which the hinges and latch for that seat are tied into.....I believe that you will need to have all the side panels out and that you'll find screws down in the side rails that the side panels snap into...... The interior (like everything else on these cars) was designed to be cheaply, quickly, and easily installed into the car in a particular order......None of this was done to make future servicing easy!
I was able to break the project(s) into three sections and continue driving the car while in progress:
The rear lower section required side panels and back seat to be removed..... The third row section of the carpet kit goes in before that mid floor panel and surround. The side panels stay out until the headliner is done. Rear seat base stays out until carpet is in......door panels and trim are a separate project, dashboard is a separate project, Headliner is a separate project, but requires removal of pillar trims, which include the front side panels in the cargo area......Those panels are pretty much the keystone to several of the projects and go back in the car after those segments are complete. I did the front two rows of seats after the carpet but before the door panels
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner   That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 am

Perhaps this will help you....you can see the panel and the black tracks (black pieces that cover the perimeter of the cargo area...bolts hidden under those long rubber strips)  You remove those 3 weird bolts in the carpet....then all the bolts that hold the track pieces on and everything comes out as one piece (tracks and top carpet panel)  

That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner 252902_1900396123343_4594365_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner   That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 3:08 pm

I forgot about those rubber strips...... The screws are in those square holes....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner   That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That filler floor panel between 2nd row and tailgunner
Page 1 of 1