GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon   Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 am

Hello, everyone.

i found a 1992 rmw, and its nice other than it rear ended a truck taking out the hood, front fenders etc.

seems like a good excuse to put the sedan front clip on it, especially since i found a sedan front clip closer than i have found one that will fit the wagon (which is odd)

what are the differences specific between the front clips.

if i had yards with them local, i would know the answer already, but i do not.

from searching, i find it fits, and i need at least fenders, bumper, hood, grill, lamps, and rad support.

anyone know if the inner fenders swap, those are probably the worst part of the whole job due to all the stuff mounted on them...

any experience from folks that have done this would be great. i have seen the pictures, but never saw build comments from anyone who ha actually done it.

thanks folks!
happy new years eve.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon   Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 5:31 pm

You need the whole clip except for the radiator support (if the one you have is still good). Make sure it is a 92-93 clip, or you will be drilling some holes for accessories on the wheelhouses, and the airbag sensors are different). All of the parts from a 94-96 clip will fit, except for the wheelhouse's accessory holes. The sedan wheelhouses are not interchangeable with the wagon, or Caprice. If you need a pair of 92-3 Sedan wheelhouses, I have a pair that I can give you a good deal on.
Back to top Go down

Roadmaster, Front clip, sedan VS wagon
Page 1 of 1