GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Empty
PostSubject: Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!   Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Okay, so I know there's some B-body oddity where the gauge goes WAY past the F or whatever, and 1/4 tank is supposed to be "Empty". I've had mine below that and never run out of gas. Luck?

When I drive my car and stop/accelerate I see the needle on the gauge swing wildly. Like sometimes more than a quarter tank at a time. Dad says this could be a bad float in the tank. Yay? Nay? Another B-body oddity?

Also now I have no brakes. Boo. Need to replace one of the brake lines running to the left front. Meh.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!   Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Gas gauge is behaving normally. I can get mine down to E as well.

Brakes... welcome to owning an old car Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!   Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Ah, I see. Well I was just wondering because I was like "WTF?" lol

Brake line is easy to get to, not really worried about it. Just waiting until next week to get it done.

Meh. Week without a car nooooo
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!   Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:11 pm

on the TBI cars there is not alot of baffling in the tank. when I get to 1/4 and corner in any of my TBI cars I fuel starve. then I fill up and it'll only take about 17.5 gal.

on the LT1 cars, you can run it to the light pops on and it'll take almost 21 gal and it never fuel starves (better baffles in tank).

every car the gauge works like yours too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!   Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:40 pm

I've never had it fuel starve before, but I don't really drive it hard (often Wink)

Where's the fuel pickup at in the tank?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!   Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:02 am

Where's the fuel pickup at in the tank?

Dead center on wagons. As described, sits between a few slosh baffles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!   Gas gauge question, plus brake woes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas gauge question, plus brake woes!
Page 1 of 1