GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here is another rear spring thread.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rhino

rhino

Here is another rear spring thread. Empty
PostSubject: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:36 pm

I finally pulled the trigger and lowered the front of the car. Now I'd like to get the rear to come down a little. My question is do I need to be careful how much I load in the wagon with the Belltech 5107 rear springs and shocks. I dont tow anything with it but I will load it up for an occasional trip. Couldn't get much from Belltech other than this info Rate 272 lbs/in 11.3” free length 8.75” load height Wire diameter 0.687 Outer diameter 6.875 Inner diameter 5.501. Just looking for someone to tell me there experience after getting rid of the air shocks.

Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Well I put in the belltech springs and shocks in the rear. Very noticeable in the ride and appearance. I just loaded about 300 lbs in the rear and it dropped a 1/2". I was hopping for more of a rake to the car. Any suggestions on finding a happy medium between the stock ride height and the lowering springs?
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Install some helper air bags for when you decide to haul/tow and enjoy the low life the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Can these helper air bags be ran with the lowering springs?
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way but do you know this from experience?
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 7:07 am

atlantadan wrote:
Airlift bags are made specifically for this purpose.

But do you know that from experience? Suspect
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 7:14 am

The previous owner of my 9C1 used it to tow, and put Airlift bags in the rear springs to keep it from dragging ass since it has Sprint springs in the rear.
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 8:22 am

Thanks Dan. Your a lifesaver. I never thought of using Google.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:00 am

atlantadan wrote:
RedandBlack wrote:

But do you know that from experience? Suspect
I guess sending you a direct link to a company that does exactly what you ask, and has only done what you ask for the past 55 years, with hundreds of thousands of successful installs and happy customers isn't good enough. In that case, there's this website out there that will blow your mind. Its called Google. You can do incredible things like type in anything and it will give you an answer, with thousands of links you can click.
- Has anyone used Airlift bags?
- Are airlift bags reliable?
or even
- Airlift bag review

"You can lead a horse to water...."

Laughing You have the patience of a saint.
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks red for the suggestion. I contacted a company yesterday and they have a kit that will work with the belltech springs.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:09 am

Another happy ending,lol...
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:16 am

Tears of joy!!!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 5:20 pm

The bags are great. You'll be able to tow and stay low.

Isn't that what everybody needs?
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 10:21 pm

So what air bags and company did you go with ?
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is another rear spring thread.   Here is another rear spring thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is another rear spring thread.
Page 1 of 1