GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Empty
PostSubject: How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?   How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 am

For some reason the weatherstripping on the bottom of the front passenger door of the black wagon came loose and is sagging in the middle. Since it's the weatherstripping on the door and not in the doorframe, it is visible from the outside when the door is closed. It looks terrible. What is the proper way to re-attach it ?

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?   How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:20 am

if it was sprayed with oil the rubber c'est fini.

take it off then a bead of windshield urethane in the gap will make it stick,.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?   How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 am

It did get sprayed with oil. I'll use urethane on it this week after cleaning the rubber.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?   How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:36 pm

The bottom trim is held on by clamping action of the channel in it. If the metal making up the channel is rotted you can try the above method, or you can get another one. If the metal is still viable, try crimping it to allow it to clamp on the door edge. If it is sagging, my guess is, that it is toast.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?   How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:33 pm

The metal is mint. I'll use a combination of both methods.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?   How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Rotted metal on the Black wagon? LOL

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?   How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I re-attach the lower door weather stripping ?
Page 1 of 1