GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
Robert 96
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert 96

Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Empty
PostSubject: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:46 am

We have a lift finally. Now I need to know what are the proper types of paint and colors for the differant parts of the undercarraige. Any help greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 pm

um, black and greasy? Smile

Seriously though, my 94 is pretty clean and frame is black, body is body color and suspension bits are mostly black.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Quote :
um, black and greasy?

Correct for a southern car. A northern car would be rust and rustier.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:17 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Quote :
um, black and greasy?

Correct for a southern car. A northern car would be rust and rustier.

Haha yup. Mine is nice and crusty but still solid. Next weekend it's getting sanded down and recoated.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:31 pm

bright yellow looks cool, with red trim,.
Nick
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:34 am

Are you going for a factory restoration? My 2cents....how do your floors look now Robert? Any scale at all? If you can't get them perfectly smooth, and I mean perfectly...I would just go with black like Frank did.

The factory color is a greenish/silver (looks like an E-coat). Rear end had nothing on it from the factory, and frame had a light coat of black spray.

Look at Frank's pics here. I wanted silver because that's what I wanted. Lol But black would have been easier and hidden any imperfections. If I do it again (which I prob will someday) I will make it black I think.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/684602/5

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Robert 96

PostSubject: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:13 am

Thanks for the help Chris. Removing all that scale is sure going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:22 pm

I used a shop vac on my NY 1A2. sucked up a whole bunch of flaky stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I used a shop vac on my NY 1A2. sucked up a whole bunch of flaky stuff.

Whoa... that actually sounds like a good idea. I'll have to remember that next weekend when I get my car up on the lift to finally tackle the frame. Mines flaky but solid.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Be sure to stick a water hose in all the frame holes too....wait till you see the treats that fall out. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:13 am

brokecello wrote:
Be sure to stick a water hose in all the frame holes too....wait till you see the treats that fall out. Lol

That's what I'm afraid of Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?   Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proper Paints and Colors for RMW Undercarraige?
Page 1 of 1