GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need Some Hood Badge Ideas

Go down 
+3
phantom 309
Sprocket
Wagon Collector
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Okay... so I bought a bunch of LTZ badges back when they were available and cheap. All my Caprices wear them.

Today I'm washing the old MAB and I see this:

Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Badge1

Aargh! Now I'm not gonna pay big bucks for a new one. So... any ideas what I can do here? I thought about a graphic of some sort that I could put in there and then cover with a clear acrylic or epoxy. Or maybe just fill the thing with some black gloss epoxy. Not sure a shiny black blank square will do much for me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. For those that have never seen an LTZ badge up close here is what it is supposed to look like:

Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Badge2
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:22 pm

you could take just about any logo and if it's on good clean stock, pour fiberglass resin over it and seal it in there good.

even photoshop up a copy and print it on a good quality printer (have to test with resin to make sure of ink bleed). I would make a form and cast inserts so you could try different ones.

make sure the resin dries clear too!! cheapo home depot/auto store resin will not.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 am

Need Some Hood Badge Ideas 17368_343279992787_71775107787_4699
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 am

lol @ pat

While we are talking about hood badges, what else fits other than the unobtainium LTZ badge?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 am

You could shape a piece of fancy wood to fit, "burn" a chevy bowtie on it, and clearcoat it. That would allow you to work with a couple of power tools, and one making heat.

It would connect with the woody look in a subtle way.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:44 am

Check this company out, Kevin. They are inexpensive and top quality. The are digitally printed with an epoxy dome. I used them on my 9C1 wheels and they look great. I didn't look real hard but only saw round emblems. I'm sure he would and could make you the size you want.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Hood Badge Ideas   Need Some Hood Badge Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Some Hood Badge Ideas
Page 1 of 1