GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Badge Removal from Woodgrain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
r67northern

r67northern

Badge Removal from Woodgrain Empty
PostSubject: Badge Removal from Woodgrain   Badge Removal from Woodgrain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:01 am

Hi All, anyone had success removing the badges from the woodgrain on these cars? I've got a car that is missing the "Roadmaster" from one side, so I'm thinking about pulling it off the other side and tailgate to match. Will the vinyl wood continue to stick OK if I go after it with a heat gun as though these things were mounted on paint? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Badge Removal from Woodgrain   Badge Removal from Woodgrain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:33 am

I'd probably go with a piece of fishing line and some sawing, myself.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Badge Removal from Woodgrain   Badge Removal from Woodgrain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:54 am

The foam tape gets brittle after 15 plus years on the car.  You should use fishing line as suggested or plastic putty knife to slide under them and you will see that they will come fairly easy.  Wouldn't use a heat gun as you'll most likely mess up the wood grain adhesion with that concentrated heat.

Last edited by Wagoninabox on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
r67northern

r67northern

PostSubject: Re: Badge Removal from Woodgrain   Badge Removal from Woodgrain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 1:32 pm

That makes sense, thanks guys.

-Leland
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Badge Removal from Woodgrain   Badge Removal from Woodgrain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:11 pm

You will still see the logo in the "fade" of the "wood", but it should come off very easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badge Removal from Woodgrain   Badge Removal from Woodgrain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Badge Removal from Woodgrain
Page 1 of 1