GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

crank case pressure

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

crank case pressure  Empty
PostSubject: crank case pressure    crank case pressure  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 10:17 pm

could use some thoughts on my wagon. i have alot of crank case press. it is blowing oil out the breathers if i rev it the oil fill cap rises up like it is going to blow off mtr. if i pull the cap it has a constant light smoke coming out. as far as driving it runs great does not blow oil out tailpipes. the last 2 nights i have been doing a compression check. i had to loosen the header on drivers side to get the hose to fit and i have only got 1 cylinder on pass side done will finish tomorrow hopefully. so far everything has been good. my one friend said he thinks a bad egr can cause the press problem. is this possible? thx for any input
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

crank case pressure  Empty
PostSubject: Re: crank case pressure    crank case pressure  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 10:49 pm

there's only 1 way to get compression into the crankcase,. thats past a piston,.maybe broken some rings,.
or the rings might have stuck on one hole,.

find the bad hole,pull sparkplug, drain the oil,.leave the plug out,. pour some diesel in the hole,.see how fast it runs out the drain plug hole,.
Back to top Go down

crank case pressure
Page 1 of 1