HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
81X11

PostSubject: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:30 am

Hey All, my lifelong friend Ben up in New Jersey is looking to finally get his first wagon, and wants a clean southern one. We found this '96 Limited in Florida that looks a little sunburned but solid overall. It's got about 140K miles on it, but from what we're told was elderly-owned and dealer-serviced. Supposed to run and drive fine, and it's even a tow-pack car.

Was wondering if anyone is close to Port St. Lucie? We've been talking, and if this is THE car, it may come to be in Texas first to be refurbished, before heading to Ben in New Jersey, where it will be a weekend/nice day toy.

As most of you know, these cars can look good in pics, but be totally loose/worn out in person, or can look a little rough in pics, but still be tight and drive well. I'm hoping this is a nice, tight and solid car, that's worth lugging to Texas for a basic mechanical and cosmetic restoration. The seller seems like a good guy, but would really like a "wagon nut" to check the car out before we commit to anything.

Sprocket, is this near you at all Bud?

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:57 am

That D pillar looks rough....I also wonder if the roof has any rot like that (especially if the windshield has been replaced and the installer nicked the paint)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Kinda just looks like seagull feces on the d-pillar and lens.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Some of the D-pillars had closed cell foam in them. If they did, they rot!

There is some rust behind the battery under the coolant bottle.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 pm

can you post bigger pictures,..?

the aluminum on the alternator bracket and a/c is stained like a rust belt car,..
i,d look in california, a high miler is nothing to be afraid of,. but rust is,...

i think this is a steal https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5897130449.html
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm

^^^I'd keep looking... Suspect ^^^
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Points taken. Will pass them on.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:14 pm

Just an FYI, late Friday a really sharp LT1 Caprice popped up in Northern NJ that looks promising if it's not a rust-bucket. Very fair price too.

I'm waiting to hear an update and will pass it on. Looks great in pics!

Fingers Crossed!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Pic looks promising,good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?    

Back to top Go down

Anyone wagon folks able to go look at a car in Port St. Lucie Florida?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1