GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

opti failure

Go down 
+3
Mark 96 Roady
lamune
jasonlachapelle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Optispark (83k mi original) was causing an intermittent and weak spark on cylinder 2. I changed out the opti and WP/Opti seals and now the car runs great.  I hadn't read about optis causing single cylinder issues, but I guess it happens.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tool:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 12:14 am

That's weird. I would guess it was a problem within the cap, probably a broken trace.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 9:39 am

What code were you getting? Your problem sounds like mine, but OBD keeps saying the MAF sensor, which is a new Buick part. I'm about ready to replace my opti since I've heard of other guys having weird occasional problems like this, and the opti was the problem.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 5:39 pm

That cap looks like there might have been a venting issue. IIRC, there was a TSB about this. If the vent filter gets plugged, the vacuum can suck the cap in causing cross-firing.
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 10:33 pm

Is that a highlighter? Good idea, I just bought a tool on eBay for that, damn it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 9:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 4:51 pm

When I bought my 2nd LT1 wagon (Dusty), it had a miss on #7. Short version a new cap and rotor fixed it (after I changed EVERYTHING ELSE). the metal divider thing had a hole burned through it and it would arc through the hole to somewhere on the opti housing.... that was ~135K on everything as the even the hoses were still OE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

opti failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: opti failure   opti failure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

opti failure
Page 1 of 1