GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to the forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Z

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 am

Hello all! My name is Matt, from deep southeast Louisiana. I don't currently own a long roof, but I would seriously like to get my hands on one in the next couple years. I have been wanting one for the last couple of years. Yesterday, the ol lady sent me to pic up our granddaughter, so we could babysit, because my step-daughter was pretty sick. My current daily, is a 2 door Jeep Wrangler, I would never buy a 4 door Jeep for my own personal daily driver because 4 door Jeeps are just silly! Razz I know they work well for a lot of people, but I'm not one of them. I don't have a baby seat in the back, because I am fat, half cripple, and it's a REALLY tight area that you have to work with. So, there I was, in the gf's 2007 Honda Pilot, pretty clean vehicle, and pretty much everything that can wear out has been changed as well as all fluids. As I'm driving along, I cannot help but to think how unmasculine this vehicle is. Totally NOT my style. Neither are 4 doors for that matter, which of the 10 vehicles I have owned in my life, none of them have had more than two passenger entry doors. My 96 Tahoe technically has 4 doors, but two of those are on the very back, to allow access for the storage area. For family purposes, I need something a whole lot cooler to use, whenI am expected to drive. I would love a 96 Impala, but I figure it would be more financially reasonable to go with a wagon.

I love the Caprice wagon. I have seen some very slick looking sleds! I can go with a simple solid color (such as white, silver, black, etc.), a set of Impala SS wheels, maybe a hood, and then focus on the performance, and be just fine. I'm sure there are some pretty fast B-body sleds here. Since I am not in the market yet, I will spend my time doing my research, and checking out some of the amazing looking rides on the forum.

I appologize for the long-winded intro. It went a little longer than I intended. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 am

Welcome aboard. Take your time and figure out what you want and then look for it. You may want to make contact with Louisiana INC (Impalas and Caprices) and go to one of their meets. That way you can see a number of different B-bodies from driveable projects up to show cars at the same time.

All the INC folks I have met are very chill and while we may have different musical tastes and ideas on modding cars (I don't like big wheels), they ARE nice people with a passion for these cars. That said I dunno how many wagons are in LA INC, but I'm sure there are a few. Also if you haven't found it go to the wagon section on cuSStom.com and drool for hours...
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 am

Good luck on your search! Took me some time but the forum definitely has helped me out!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Andebe

Andebe

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Welcome from Indiana. Take time to read thru some of the archives,tons of great stuff there. Happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the forum
Page 1 of 1