GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

supplemental restraint system bags

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

supplemental restraint system bags  Empty
PostSubject: supplemental restraint system bags    supplemental restraint system bags  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 pm

I was at the local LKQ P-N-P yard the other day, and they have a sign posted saying that they are no longer selling SRS bags. I assume that is because of the issues with the Japanese air bags. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up, to the effect that other yards will probably follow suit in short order. If you need an airbag, don't wait too long, or you may not be able to get one.

I converted my cars to aftermarket steering wheels and no longer have airbags. That may soon be the only recourse if yours goes off.
Back to top Go down
Funkwagon455

PostSubject: Re: supplemental restraint system bags    supplemental restraint system bags  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 pm

This is interesting.. I've never really considered the current day issues affecting these cars at their age. As it turns out, I have a decent blue leather CC wheel with the airbag from my old car. It would look much better if given some tlc and a coat of dye. I'd sell the combo as is for $100 plus shipping though before any effort exerted. Thank you for the heads up.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: supplemental restraint system bags    supplemental restraint system bags  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I was at the local LKQ P-N-P yard the other day, and they have a sign posted saying that they are no longer selling SRS bags. I assume that is because of the issues with the Japanese air bags. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up, to the effect that other yards will probably follow suit in short order. If you need an airbag, don't wait too long, or you may not be able to get one.

I converted my cars to aftermarket steering wheels and no longer have airbags. That may soon be the only recourse if yours goes off.
Was it LKQ? If so, I imagine it would apply to all their yards.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: supplemental restraint system bags    supplemental restraint system bags  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 7:07 pm

LKQ is a chain of P-N-P yards all over the US. If you go to LKQ.com you can look up one near you, and see what is in the yard before you go to pick parts. It also tells you when the car was put in the yard, so you can guess what might be left on it for picking. You can even sign up, and get an email notification of any cars you select to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: supplemental restraint system bags    supplemental restraint system bags  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

supplemental restraint system bags
Page 1 of 1