GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!

Go down 
+5
94Woody
rcktpwrd
Andebe
Fred Kiehl
Buicknutt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Empty
PostSubject: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 am

This time it’s State Farm ins.

A young man, to his dismay, has been passed down an early driftwood woody “beige Betty”

Has a broken grille, rear alloy wheel is missing its cap & they threw on a black steel wheel up front for effect

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 am

It is irritating that S.F. is devaluing our cars. The other side of the coin is that we know the kid will have more fun with that wagon than a chinsy foreign subcompact.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 9:47 am

As mentioned before on here, Hagerty isn't laughing at us. We made their cover story.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 4:39 pm

I know they are poking fun at the 'old' wagon, but my wife and I think the commercials are funny!
Especially the other one when the kid says I'll never get a date in this car and the parents are like we've had plenty of dates in it!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 pm

rcktpwrd wrote:
I know they are poking fun at the 'old' wagon, but my wife and I think the commercials are funny!
Especially the other one when the kid says I'll never get a date in this car and the parents are like we've had plenty of dates in it!

Exactly, first time I saw it I laughed my butt off. There are two versions that I have seen.

Hard pill for some to swallow but the general population dislikes station wagons. I bought my Caprice from a kid that didn't like it. Asked my son if he wanted to drive one of the wagons and I just brought home and the answer was a really quick no. The average kid today is more excited by Mom's Toyota or whatever silly monstrosity he saw in a Fast and Furious movie.

Either way, it's just a commercial, I wouldn't read too much into it and definitely don't be one of those "I'm offended" types.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am

Here is the current beige betty ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKmy6ecGsZw
I missed the other ad
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 am

It is just a commercial. I find it a bit funny also.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:58 pm

People are always indignant or pouty about something these days,. Must be something in the water thinning peoples skin,.
Back to top Go down
tibbettsfarm

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Do you know where I can buy a RIBBED tensioner for my 1994 Chevy Caprice Wagon - 5.7. I LOVE this car and my 1992 Buick Roadmaster (looks not quite as pretty as the photo above) but getting parts seems to be getting harder. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!   Clever marketing making fun of our cars again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clever marketing making fun of our cars again!
Page 1 of 1