GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New windshield trim

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
91rdmastr

New windshield trim Empty
PostSubject: New windshield trim   New windshield trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Hey guys, I need a new windshield. The question I have is, there are plastic strips that run vertically on both sides of the windshield and one that goes across the top. What are these called and where can I get them?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: New windshield trim   New windshield trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 12:24 pm

I think most glass companies have them. I had a windshield replaced several years ago. I know that put in new rubber strips and I didn't give them to them.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: New windshield trim   New windshield trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 3:55 pm

The sides bolted one, and are reused. They are called reveals. The top is replaced with the windshield, and it will be replaced by the company that replaces the windshield. The OEM part has a depression down the center of the strip, and the aftermarket ones are a smooth curve.
Back to top Go down
91rdmastr

PostSubject: Re: New windshield trim   New windshield trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 8:16 pm

When I talked to Safelite Auto Glass, the lady said the factory one gets reused. I told her it was 30 years old and needed to be replaced. She said I would need to supply it and she said...lol..."it's not reveal, its revel and its a brand name". I guess I need to either call corporate or a different glass company. Thanks Fred!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: New windshield trim   New windshield trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 8:28 pm

The parts on the sides are the reveals, and are used over. The top is a seal, and is not used over, because it gets stuck in the urethane, and is usually ruined when removed. The guy who painted my car pulled mine out from between the glass, and body. I must figure out how to put the new one in, because there is urethane in the way at some points. My independent glass guy had the top seal in stock when I had mine replaced. If you just talked to the woman, she only sets up appointments for glass replacement. She probably does not understand what you were referring to.
Back to top Go down
91rdmastr

PostSubject: Re: New windshield trim   New windshield trim Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 11:57 pm

I called a different glass company, they knew what I was talking about. The new windshield will be about $200.00
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New windshield trim   New windshield trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New windshield trim
Page 1 of 1