GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

heating up while at hwy speed?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
64vette

heating up while at hwy speed? Empty
PostSubject: heating up while at hwy speed?   heating up while at hwy speed? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

The 95 RMW has started heating up while at constant hwy speed. I can take it out of overdrive and as the engine RPM increases, it will cool down. Could the radiator stop up like the heater core does? I installed a new radiator about 40k ago and a new water pump about 80K ago. Your thoughts please.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: heating up while at hwy speed?   heating up while at hwy speed? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 pm

I would suspect the water pump impeller to be slipping if this is the case.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: heating up while at hwy speed?   heating up while at hwy speed? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:40 pm

i,d check the thermostat,. if its stuck up it'll heat up at hiway speed ,.water has no soak time in the rad,.
Nick
Back to top Go down
64vette

PostSubject: Re: heating up while at hwy speed?   heating up while at hwy speed? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Well, rather than trial and error, I changed the pump, thermostat and flushed the radiator. Problem seems to be solved. I am going on a 40 mile trip tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: heating up while at hwy speed?   heating up while at hwy speed? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:18 pm

64vette wrote:
Well, rather than trial and error, I changed the pump, thermostat and flushed the radiator. Problem seems to be solved. I am going on a 40 mile trip tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the replies.
well that certainly covers all bases,. no more thoughts required,.

nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heating up while at hwy speed?   heating up while at hwy speed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heating up while at hwy speed?
Page 1 of 1