GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking in from Denmark

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus 95RMW

Checking in from Denmark Empty
PostSubject: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi guys and girls.
Got my 95 RMW last month from the US, and are in the progress of bringing it up to date for inspection and taxation here in Denmark.
Even with only 95.000 miles, she needs some tlc, regular service, various minor fixes and whatever pops up in the progress.
Things already done: Plugs, cables, distributor cap/rotor, waterpump, belts, H/D cooling and main tensioner, complete new brakes (rotors, pads, drums, shoes, cables - the works), filters, floor board rust, headlamp switch, turn signals changed to EU standards (orange tail, and side lamps) + many other small bugs.
Already have gotten some great tips from this forum, so time to join up.
Have more ideas already planned for her, so will keep you posted along the way. Main thing for me is to keep my RMW as close to original as possible, enjoy her and keep her safe so she will be with me for years to come hopefully.
Looking forward to be part of the family.
Thanks
Klaus - Denmark

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Welcome aboard Klaus!

Looks like you've been busy with maintenance, that's good. Enjoy her.

Pictures when you can.

Tom
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Klaus 95RMW

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Thanks.
I will post pictures this weekend.These old last of a kind cruisers deserves a long life. But they sure are putting up a fight in regards to getting spare parts. Been buying all I can get my hand on already, NOS and good used parts, just in case I would need them down the road.
As the B body's are pretty rare in Europe, we unfortunately don't have the biggest access to junk cars/ second hand parts. And my experience is that it's also getting tough to find good used parts in the US now. So hopefully you guys can help with good leads if and when it comes to finding parts also.
Through my work and business we have weekly shipments out from the east coast to Europe, so getting parts shipped is not the issue. Finding it is though...!
What is your general impression getting hold of parts, except from regular service stuff... ?

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 4:15 pm

I'd say most parts are available one way or another: ebay, Amazon, junkyards and part sellers. There are a couple of guys on the forum who are parts sellers, Fred Kiehl in Florida and Buicknutt in California. They can usually get you what you want. Also there usually are guys here that are parting out wagons.

What we've learned here, is that you have to fix stuff, especially the plastic stuff. You'll make it through, we all have.

Good Luck

Tom
Back to top Go down
Klaus 95RMW

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 4:32 am

A bit late, but here's a few pics of my 95 RMW. She's now in full running and functional condition, inspected and licensed here in Denmark.
Next is a new windshield, exhaust and cat converters, and after summer the plan is complete paint job and new wooding.
Any leads on a good upper tailgate hinge, please let me know. When opening it drops 1/2" with a clunk.
Thanks.. Klaus
Back to top Go down
Klaus 95RMW

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 4:45 am

Checking in from Denmark 20200521
Checking in from Denmark 20200520
Back to top Go down
Klaus 95RMW

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 4:47 am

Checking in from Denmark 20200522
Checking in from Denmark 20200523
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 7:47 am

Great color, looks like you've got yourself a nice wagon!

Tom
Back to top Go down
Klaus 95RMW

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks Tom. She's a nice old lady. Still needs some minor TLC, but overall I'm happy with her after 25 yrs and 95K miles.

Klaus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking in from Denmark   Checking in from Denmark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checking in from Denmark
Page 1 of 1