GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

good bye old friend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Danr63

Danr63

good bye old friend Empty
PostSubject: good bye old friend   good bye old friend Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 7:01 pm

After 24 years of memories and 322,500 miles we finally said goodbye to our old roadmaster. It was sold (yes sold!) to one one Tim's friends Ian. His plan is to get it through the summer and fall to help him and his bother get to work. They now work at the same place but Ian is moving on and they needed a cheap second car until money allows for something better.

good bye old friend Good_s10
good bye old friend Not_so10
good bye old friend Survio10
Back to top Go down
Walterf

PostSubject: Re: good bye old friend   good bye old friend Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 9:56 am

322.5K miles. Seems like you got your money's worth. Hope the young man buying it gets good use out of it. Then parts will go to survivors.

Speaking of survivors, loved your rear glass sticker. Just ordered one for mine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASH-FOR-CLUNKERS-SURVIVOR-CUSTOM-VINYL-DECAL-STICKER-BOMB-/181492235335
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: good bye old friend   good bye old friend Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 2:53 pm

The funny thing about that sticker is that car "REALLY WAS" a cash for clunker survivor! We bought that car new and my wife wanted a new car when that program was active. Probably one of the biggest disagreements we have ever had in a long time. At that time the car had about 180,000 on the clock and she was asking "how much longer do think that thing will last?" I said at least 300K she replied no way! I believe the young fella that bought will get through the summer and fall and the start of the winter. The rust is what is really killing that thing. Engine purrs quiet and mechanically sound.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: good bye old friend   good bye old friend Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 9:20 am

Great story! Now that's the car State Farm should have used for the Brown Betty ad!

KCClark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: good bye old friend   good bye old friend Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 2:51 pm

I agree! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: good bye old friend   good bye old friend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good bye old friend
Page 1 of 1