GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Big John" Rafteseth RIP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sstripes96

"Big John" Rafteseth RIP Empty
PostSubject: "Big John" Rafteseth RIP   "Big John" Rafteseth RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Many of you here on the forums know “Big John” Rafteseth. He was one of the original members of the Southeast Impala Lovers (SEIL) which later morphed into GASSIT. John was the original Big Dog. If you’ve ever been to a Southern Super Heavy Shootout you would have seen John pull the front tires launching his flamed Impala to a sub 10 second run.

I’m sorry to say that Big John has passed away. He was living in Louisiana with his wife and suffered a heart attack sometime in early July. I’m told that he never recovered from the heart attack.

His wife, Mary, has reached out to Bill Brady in an effort to try and sell Johns Impala. Bill, who owns Bill Brady Racing Engines, has known John since 1996 and built the engines that powered Johns wicked fast Impala.

Bill has offered to be the point of contact in an attempt to help find a buyer for Johns Impala. He can be reached at 770-339-3944 and his website is http://www.bradysenginemachineservice.com/ Bill knows more about Johns Impala than anyone else.

I will also keep an eye on the forums to help anyway I can.

Rest in Peace Big John.

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: "Big John" Rafteseth RIP   "Big John" Rafteseth RIP Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 10:52 pm

8.67 sec @ 167mph??!! impressive! RIP John
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: "Big John" Rafteseth RIP   "Big John" Rafteseth RIP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 7:40 pm

RIP John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Big John" Rafteseth RIP   "Big John" Rafteseth RIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Big John" Rafteseth RIP
Page 1 of 1