GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AC Delco Rear Springs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oscar73

AC Delco Rear Springs Empty
PostSubject: AC Delco Rear Springs   AC Delco Rear Springs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 1:35 am

Anybody try these (45H3012)? The Moog springs (CC623) have more than doubled in price from the posts I've seen recommending them, and the AC Delco shocks are about half the price. Just trying to save a few bucks, as my SS doesn't go that far...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: AC Delco Rear Springs   AC Delco Rear Springs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 8:45 pm

There may be some issues. What are the specs on the springs, and how do they compare with the Moog springs. Some people have used springs from other cars, and consider them satisfactory. Some people have used rear springs from a Crown Vic on wagons as well. Most lowering springs have a higher spring rate to keep the car from bottoming out.
Back to top Go down
Oscar73

PostSubject: Re: AC Delco Rear Springs   AC Delco Rear Springs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 6:20 pm

Fred, not looking for lowering springs, just want to replace some really tired springs since I dumped the non-working air shocks.

As far as the specs, very similar to the Moog, the Delco springs are .27 taller, and 40 lbs more in load rating.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: AC Delco Rear Springs   AC Delco Rear Springs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 7:06 pm

I would go with the Delco springs to allow for heavier loads.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: AC Delco Rear Springs   AC Delco Rear Springs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 11:09 am

The delco springs are taller than the MOOG 623? The MOOG springs lift the back of a wagon quite a bit themselves so make sure you want to go that high.

AC Delco Rear Springs UhwbleJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC Delco Rear Springs   AC Delco Rear Springs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC Delco Rear Springs
Page 1 of 1