GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

engine compartment light?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

engine compartment light? Empty
PostSubject: engine compartment light?   engine compartment light? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 pm

I finally got some mini fuses to replaced the blown one for the under hood light and air pump. I had unplugged the air pump a while back to remove it from the circuit when I got around to replacing the fuse. I put a 10 amp in place of the 25 since it's now only the light.
The light doesn't work, there is power going to it, verified with a meter, and the bulb looks good. Looks like the light housing has some sort of mercury type switch in it. Any troubleshooting tips to repair this? Or tips on how to remove and replace the housing? It looks like it's riveted in place.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: engine compartment light?   engine compartment light? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Poor bulb connection?

I have to smack my light with my hand to turn it on.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: engine compartment light?   engine compartment light? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 9:48 pm

I have messed with the bulb and tapped on the housing and nothing happens...

There is a little bit of corrosion around the part next to the bulb, I assume this is the actual switch part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine compartment light?   engine compartment light? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

engine compartment light?
Page 1 of 1