GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel pump wiring

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stemmler

Stemmler

Fuel pump wiring Empty
PostSubject: Fuel pump wiring   Fuel pump wiring Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 am

Just got my car back from the shop I left it at after it died on the way to Wagonfest.

It was dropped off with a fuel pump not working. They ended up replacing the fuse, after the car was sitting for a few days, and it worked and they couldn't get it to blow the fuse again. We did replace the fuse on the side of the road but it must have blown when we tired to start it.

I dove it 70 mile to a friends house. Another 80 miles giving rides, letting people drive it with th 6 speed and getting it home. Drove it to work this morning and it dies again pulling into my office parking lot after 3 miles of driving. The fuse was blown, replaced fuse and the second one went after trying to start the car.

I plan on replacing fuel pump, sending unit and upgrade the fuel pump wiring harness. I don't know if my pump was replaced and with 193k on the car it can't hurt.

My main question is the wiring harness the same between the sedan and the wagon. I know the sending unit is different. I was looking at the racetronix harness and pump.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing in troubleshooting this issue?

Just heard back from Racetronix and they say I need the XL version of their harness for a wagon.
Back to top Go down

Fuel pump wiring
Page 1 of 1